Another one makes the dust...

Status
Not open for further replies.

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
Hello all,

I'm a 49 year old hobbyist woodworker in Cary. Very small shop (part of garage) and my main woodworking interests are luthery, carving and segmentation/intarsia.

A couple of past projects:

mandocomplete.jpg

horsehead.jpg

Currrently I am more into medieval musical instruments with carved bodies:

fiddle-in-progress.jpg

-Andy in Cary

Will Goodwin

New User
Will Goodwin
Wow those are pretty. Welcome to the site. As someone who would like to get into making guitars, I look forward to your posts. (I won't be doing anything right away...I need to learn the basics and make it through at least a few of my honey do projects before I attempt a guitar).

Will

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Hi Andy, and welcome to NCWW! Carving AND making instruments - that's double talent in my book! :notworthy:

Thanks for posting some pictures, all of those pieces look terrific! Do you play the instruments you make as well (third talent?.....).

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Welcome Andy!!!

You do very impressive work with the instruments and intarsia!:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum:eusa_danc:eusa_danc

We are very happy and fortunate to have you join our merry band of sawdust makers. I look forward to your posts and learning more about your art!

Keep the pictures coming and post often!

Wayne

b4man

New User
Barbara
Hey there Andy!
Your work is beautiful:eusa_clap

I look forward to seeing more of your talent.

rita541

New User
rita cunningham
Welcome
Really nice work .... I do intrarsa and fretwork. I would post some of my work, but I am a computer dummy and my hubby Dick541 just doesn't have the time to show me how and I cann't understand written instructions so I am stuck.
Anyway glad you joined us.
Rita

Will Goodwin

New User
Will Goodwin
Rita - I have been working with computers since I was 12. Since I missed yours and Dick's shop, maybe I can come down and bring the LOML for a tour and show you how. We don't live too far ... about 15 min south of Bas and NCScroller.

Will

CarvedTones

Andy
Hi Andy, and welcome to NCWW! Carving AND making instruments - that's double talent in my book! :notworthy:

Thanks for posting some pictures, all of those pieces look terrific! Do you play the instruments you make as well (third talent?.....).

I don't play particularly well and both my carving and luthery have plenty of room for improvement also.

But thanks!

-Andy

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Andy,

Welcome. Those photos show some VERY impressive woodworking. Welcome to the NCWW pile-o-sawdust. Glad you decided to join us.

Ray

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
Welcome aboard Andy,

Your work is beautiful, so I'm looking forward to some of your input on the postings. Feel free to add, or join in on, any posts, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th opinions are sometimes the best.

Jimmy:)

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Welcome Andy. You should have joined last week. We just had a wonderful shop crawl. You could have met 25 of us in one shot. I remember you from the scroll saw board a couple years back. If I remember correctly you are up off of Kildaire Farm Road. Bas and I are just down the road by the intersection of Cary Pkwy and Tryon. Send me a PM and I will give you my number just in case you every need an extra set of hands.

You will find this group always willing to help and no ego conflicts like other boards.

[PIE]Don't throw that 105" blade away. Just so happens it will fit my Grizzly.[/PIE]

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Andy, I make dust, you make art, and instruments that make art. Beautiful work. Welcome to the site, I look forward to your input in the forums and seeing more of your art

Dave:)

Glennbear

Glenn
Welcome Andy, on the list of my future learned skills is segmented work. Nice to know that we have another skilled person on board I can holler at for help :gar-La;

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Welcome to the site Andy. From the photos you posted looks like we will learn a lot from you.

Tracy

CarvedTones

Andy
Welcome Andy. You should have joined last week. We just had a wonderful shop crawl. You could have met 25 of us in one shot. I remember you from the scroll saw board a couple years back. If I remember correctly you are up off of Kildaire Farm Road. Bas and I are just down the road by the intersection of Cary Pkwy and Tryon. Send me a PM and I will give you my number just in case you every need an extra set of hands.

You will find this group always willing to help and no ego conflicts like other boards.

[pie]Don't throw that 105" blade away. Just so happens it will fit my Grizzly.[/pie]

What me - use a scroll saw?
Oh no, that's just not manly enough; I would never do that. :wwink:

bobcat.jpg

Next thing I know, you will be accusing me of making puppies

pup.jpg

or dolphins

dolphin.jpg

or butterflies

butterfly-strum.jpg

You must have me confused with someone else. :gar-Bi

Actually, I don't have a scrollsaw right now. I kept wearing out blade holders on the cheap one I had, so I sold it with the intent of getting a better one someday, but that day hasn't come. Good ones require more floorspace than I can spare right now.

I got up with Grizzly and they assure me that there really is stock on the riser kit somewhere and I really am going to get one someday soon. I will hang on to the 105 instead of having it shortened. Raleigh saw would do it, but their new better quality blades are not much more.

-Andy

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
All I can say is WOW, Double WOW, Triple WOW! Nice work, Andy.
Welcome to the friendliest WWing site on the whole WWW! Looking forward to your contributions.
Don't hesitate to jump in anytime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS