Another one bites the dust

Status
Not open for further replies.

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Tim, that sucks the big one...

With so many good folks unemployed, it would be nice if we could figure out some type of "virtual business" to start up!

Scott

Dragon

New User
David
Always sad to hear of another job loss. Not much I can say to ease the pain but you know the drill. Hang in there, file for your unemployment AND anything you and the family can qualify for. If you can get EBT benefits, by all means go for it.

Mods, take note here, I am NOT trying to make this a political comment. Wife and I were in the stores on Wednesday afternoon, 2/3/'10, It finally dawned on me why Wally World and Bi-Lo were so jammed up. The 3rd of the month is EBT day. Looking at the people it became obvious. Carts were overstuffed with junk food. Not much in the way of staple items.

I said that to reinforce my point of not being taken aback by applying for food assistance. I've been there myself before and not ashamed to say so. Single Dad with 3 little ones? Dang tootin' I went for it. We ate well and I did not waste it on junk food.

Times are hard right now Man and it ain't gonna get any better anytime soon. DO what you have to do and what you need to do to make it and make ends meet. This could be any of us with a simple stroke of a corp. pencil. Let me know if there's anything I can do and I'll keep my ears open for any job availabilities.

timf67

Tim
Senior User
Thanks everyone, it is always good to know you've got people rooting for you. The good news is that my wife works and makes enough to keep us fed and in the house. I may not be gloating as much, but I'll have some time to see what I can make from my wood pile! I may try the sawduster approach and try to make a pen out of one of them magnolia cones or something...:widea:

Oh, and Scott I like the way you think! BTW, if I lived closer, I would be volunteering free labor in your shop - just to be able to play with all those toys! :gar-Bi

pcooper

Phillip Cooper
Corporate Member
Tim, I'm sure sorry to hear this, you are in my prayers and hope you find work very soon. And they say the economy is getting better. From where I stand my friends on here aren't doing as well as 'they' say....:gar-Cr

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Thanks everyone, it is always good to know you've got people rooting for you. The good news is that my wife works and makes enough to keep us fed and in the house. I may not be gloating as much, but I'll have some time to see what I can make from my wood pile! I may try the sawduster approach and try to make a pen out of one of them magnolia cones or something...:widea:

Oh, and Scott I like the way you think! BTW, if I lived closer, I would be volunteering free labor in your shop - just to be able to play with all those toys! :gar-Bi

Big ditto dude - you'd make a great neighbor; wish that you were closer - there's no telling what trouble we could get into! :gar-La;

SSuther

New User
Stan
Tim,
Sorry for your having to deal with this, but if you pay close attention, God will show you the next path. Maybe not the whole path at once, but He'll show you the start of it for you to follow. I say this from my own experience. Follow that path, and you'll be better off for it in the long run.

Glennbear

Glenn
Tim,
Sorry for your having to deal with this, but if you pay close attention, God will show you the next path. Maybe not the whole path at once, but He'll show you the start of it for you to follow. I say this from my own experience. Follow that path, and you'll be better off for it in the long run.

I totally agree :eusa_clap a little over 4 years ago I found myself in a financial/career situation which was totally untenable and was headed towards total meltdown. After some fervent prayer I was shown the start of a path which lead me to where I am today which is a heck of a lot easier to deal with. The path I followed had some detours, hills and valleys but with faith and an open mind I was able to follow it. To paraphrase an adage from another organization that several of us here belong to : "Faith will bring you to places beyond your wildest imaginings" :wsmile:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS