And now to move in.....

chris_goris

Chris
Senior User

So , finally the "shell" is complete and now I have the arduous task of finishing the inside and moving in.

Attachments

• IMG_3149.jpg
    IMG_3149.jpg
    283.2 KB · Views: 175

JimD

Jim
Senior User
Wow! Looks great! In 2014 I had another garage added to my house, 14x24. I had them leave it with one outlet roughed and 4 lights roughed on a 3 way separate circuit. I then put in the outlets and lights, insulated, and put waferboard on the walls, skimmed the wafer with drywall compound and painted the walls and ceiling (it is 5/8 fire rated because there is a bedroom above my shop). It was a fair bit of work but I was glad to do it to get my tools out of a storage unit. I like my little shop and it is tremendously better than no shop but I am jealous of your amount of space.

DSWalker

David
Corporate Member
Nice! How much finish work do you have to do on the inside? I did mine about year ago, but it is only 24x24. [And no upstairs]

...and I"m still not 100% complete. :) Someday, I guess.

chris_goris

Chris
Senior User
Nice! How much finish work do you have to do on the inside? I did mine about year ago, but it is only 24x24. [And no upstairs]

...and I"m still not 100% complete. :) Someday, I guess.
Add some more wiring.... 220v outlets (8) of them, and 110v outlets... install LED lighting fixtures, add insulation, putting OSB on the walls, dust collection ducting, build a few benches and shelves, install the equipment...

Graywolf

Board of Directors, President
Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
Congratulations Chris, and I don't envy the work you're about to embark on. But you can do it!

DSWalker

David
Corporate Member
Add some more wiring.... 220v outlets (8) of them, and 110v outlets... install LED lighting fixtures, add insulation, putting OSB on the walls, dust collection ducting, build a few benches and shelves, install the equipment...
Yep, that about what I had to do. Still don't have the DC duct ran. Mostly complete on everything else.

Have fun.

AllanD

Allan
Corporate Member
Fantastic. I know what you mean about finishing the inside. I got my final COO a little over a year ago and still not finished with building cabinets and such.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS