Am I sucumbing to Woodguy Disease?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryan S

Bryan
Corporate Member
A few weeks ago it was a planner today I finished assembly of a Jet 6" jointer I got last weekend at Woodcraft (I know no pics it didn't happen they will come soon) for 10 % off. Now Im setting here salivating about leaving for work early tomorrow so I can stop in the Greensboro Woodcraft to take more advantage of the 10% off before work, and I drool reading Jeffs woodrun threads. Is it too late for me? Do I need a 12 step program or am I doomed? God save my checking account :eusa_pray

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
It gets better and it gets worse.

So you know, if you get to Woodcraft between 8 and 10 you get an extra 5 percent off of everything except power tools, Leigh, festool, yada yada yada.

The remediation program is to start building things in the shop. Start using what you have, tune it up, and work out the kinks in the tools and such. It is a short lived remission, but helps at times.

I lust for a 12 or 16" jointer, a wide belt sander, a sliding tablesaw, more clamps (never ending desire) and whatever hand tools I see at that particular time.

Bryan S

Bryan
Corporate Member
It gets better and it gets worse.

So you know, if you get to Woodcraft between 8 and 10 you get an extra 5 percent off of everything except power tools, Leigh, festool, yada yada yada.

The remediation program is to start building things in the shop. Start using what you have, tune it up, and work out the kinks in the tools and such. It is a short lived remission, but helps at times.

I lust for a 12 or 16" jointer, a wide belt sander, a sliding tablesaw, more clamps (never ending desire) and whatever hand tools I see at that particular time.

I have been working on some shop improvements since it started warming up. I managed to lay my hands on a solidcore door for an out feed table the hospital was throwing away, and I'm taking some extra time off next weekend where I hope to make some good headway on a stand for the planner.

Thanks for the tip on the extra 5% off but I wont be able to get there untill about 1:00. If anyone here's in the Greensboro store about that time I'll be easy to spot in my Moses Cone Health System work duds, probably the only one there with that uniform on. Feel free to say hello.

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
Sorry, Bryan, I guess I was the one who pushed you over the edge. Remission is possible, as Travis said, because you will find that replacing blades, Byrd Head teeth, cleaning cast iron, etc.... is an undending chore... but then, you find a fantastic deal on a 16" jointer and go a little deaper (well, you don't have to step up that far from that fine 6" Jet), or maybe it is a 25" dual drum sander, or that monster BandSaw, a Sawstop perhaps???? it is infectious, and I obviously have to earn more to feed the habit:lol:

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
woodguy Disease is just like life insurance! you lnow you are doomed so you just keep payin the premiums!:rolf: soon you will have all you need ! then you can UPGRADE IT ALL!!!!!:-D

fred p
[who is in the final stages of woodguy disease ]

clowman

Clay Lowman
Nice haul Bryan. Unfortunately, you do in fact have WGD. I just hope it doesn't progress to the severest stages, when you are on first name basis with a fork lift operator, and transfer truck drivers know the way to your house by heart...

cpowell

New User
Chuck
There are much worse fates than contracting chronic WGD. :lol: :lol:

I may have a touch of it myself. LOML told me recently that she knows the sound of the UPS truck. At least she smiled. :)

Unfortunately a support group would not help us. It would just feed fuel to the fire.

Chuck

Bryan S

Bryan
Corporate Member
Sorry, Bryan, I guess I was the one who pushed you over the edge. Remission is possible, as Travis said, because you will find that replacing blades, Byrd Head teeth, cleaning cast iron, etc.... is an undending chore... but then, you find a fantastic deal on a 16" jointer and go a little deaper (well, you don't have to step up that far from that fine 6" Jet), or maybe it is a 25" dual drum sander, or that monster BandSaw, a Sawstop perhaps???? it is infectious, and I obviously have to earn more to feed the habit:lol:

So its your fault huh!

Actually it started last year with a router, ROS, and jigsaw but when the misses said " because your letting me go on a cruise with the girls, you can get some tools" the infection grew exponentially. Oh and yes I did make it by Woodcraft today.

cskipper

Cathy
The fault is all WoodGuys (hence the name). Support groups in this case only intensify the symptoms. Enjoy the ride!

M

McRabbet

The fault is all WoodGuys (hence the name). Support groups in this case only intensify the symptoms. Enjoy the ride!

I don't know, Cathy -- there are some pretty successful Woodgals out there, too!

BTW, guys -- a good thing to remember is to have the UPS truck drop off a package that contains a pretty blouse or slacks or jacket for her that you ordered for her! I'm on the email list for Coldwater Creek and Talbots -- it's worth it!

Rob

woodguy1975

New User
John
Ah, the powers of WGD!!!!!!!! Even in China I'm infecting you all. I've gone as far as put myself in isolation on the other side of the world and it still continues. Gotta love the power of the internet. 7000 miles away and still ordering stuff!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS