Access to member profile through Gallery?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cskipper

Cathy
I just clicked on one of the random photos to see who's album it was in. I clicked on the member's name (PeteM) and was actually allowed into an area to edit his profile. Is that supposed to happen?

M

McRabbet

And to think you're an unpaid volunteer! What power you have as a Moderator! In my role as an Administrator, I've fixed a few bad ones for new members when they mis-entered their County. Just don't get carried away and re-name somebody! Would you want me to rename you to Ms. Trivet? ;-) Just kiddin!

Rob

Rob

cskipper

Cathy
Lord no. I just didn't imagine that I had that kind of access. Trust me, I won't be changing anything.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Cathy, I just did that in Rob's album. I got to the page that you mention, but it doesn't allow access to the actual members profile, it is more like a gallery profile, as all the information is blank. Check it out for yourself, the back button will always "undo" anything that you may have mistakenly done :-D

Dave:)

M

McRabbet

Cathy,

I just tried what you said in your post -- I looked at the new photos fo today and since several were from Bogie1, I thought I'd try to edit their Profile. Indeed, clicking on the Member Name does take you to a screen that Says "Edit Your Profile" and gives four choices. If you click on "Profile", it doesn't let you edit it. That function can only be done in ModCP or AdminCP.

Rob

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
sometimes, I think what we can do as mods or administrators skews our perception of what others can do? I have found myself a few times thinking - can anyone else do this? What permissions are what.... that sort of thing. Doesn't help that I often log on here being late in the day, amped up on coffee when I should be doing school work, working on a client's kitchen, or simply sleeping:eusa_whis

cskipper

Cathy
Cathy,

I just tried what you said in your post -- I looked at the new photos fo today and since several were from Bogie1, I thought I'd try to edit their Profile. Indeed, clicking on the Member Name does take you to a screen that Says "Edit Your Profile" and gives four choices. If you click on "Profile", it doesn't let you edit it. That function can only be done in ModCP or AdminCP.

Rob

But if you click on the Edit my Profile spot, you can enter information., click save and it saves - darn difficult to undo. As long as this only affects a profile related to the gallery I won't worry - or be in there again.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Cathy entering any information in those blank fields doesn't change anything in the main user profile. It will create information for a gallery profile, which I don't think that anyone has ever filled out. I tried it on myself. I now am from Iraq :lol: :lol:

BTW, it is very easy to undo, just delete the info and save again
Dave:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS