A member has passed away

Status
Not open for further replies.

cskipper

Cathy
Randy Osborne passed away on Wed. There will be receiving of friends this evening and the services are tomorrow. Amy, his wife, has asked folks to stay after the service and visit, but to please not bring food as they expect to already have more than they will eat.

For those who never met Randy, he was a kind and generous man. Here is a link to his obituary:
http://obituaries.citizen-times.com/obituaries/obit.php?id=72087

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Cathy, thanks so much for sharing this. I'm very sorry to hear about Randy's passing, but I am glad that he is no longer struggling and is at peace. His family will be in our prayers.

b4man

New User
Barbara
Many of you may know him as OzzieX. Randy was an extraordinary man, husband, dad and woodworker.

Several years ago I had a need for a large piece of basswood to replicate a damaged reign deer. Randy offered some of his Dad's stash and thru the help of Sutton-Kennerly pony express Randy sent it from his office in Asheville to the office here in Greensboro. I never forgot his generosity.

Randy; if it starts raining sawdust I'll know it's you up there!

Barbara

jhreed

james
Corporate Member
I just buried my uncle who was 92 years old and ready to go home. It is not so hard when they have had such a long life. But, at only 52 it is hard to let them go. My prayers are with his family.
James

MikeH

New User
Mike
I'm very sorry to hear of Randy's passing. He'll be missed. Thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

ptt49er

Phillip
Corporate Member
Trent said it very well.

Please let his family know they are in our thoughts and prayers!

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
A sad day indeed. I only met him once but was impressed with his kindness. Thoughts and prayers sent.

boxxmaker

New User
Ken
I never had the privilege of meet him,but from what I have read here,he was a pretty good fella.So sad to go at such a young age.My prayers go out to his family.

Dragon

New User
David
Sorry to hear of the loss. Not much I can add to what everyone else has said. My thoughts are with the family.

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
I'm so happy he and Amy got to do some fun stuff over the past few months. I'll be looking for sawdust and rusty rain.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Randy joined us here in Dec of 2005 and was very active on the site. If I remember correctly, he one of the people who introduced the early membership to MWTCA.

Randy, you will be missed.

Flowers have sent to his funeral and a Donation has been made to the American Cancer Association in his memory from North Carolina Woodworkers.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Randy will definitely be missed around here.

We joined NCWW in the same month in 2005 and he has answered so many questions that I had as a beginner.

Rest in Peace, Randy; knowing that we all will miss your contributions.

Prayers going out the family during this tough time.

Wayne

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS