A different technique

drw

Donn
Corporate Member
Fred, that looks outstanding, which is not surprising because all that you do turns out beautifully! That said, I am still trying to wrap my head around the use of "spackling", but there is no arguing with the result...it is stunning.

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
I'm not entirely pleased with the results. It just doesn't look right. The top isn't attached yet so I think I'm going to raise it a little. Maybe 3/4". If I still don't like it then I'll use the base for some other top and remake one for this top. The base is cherry and the top doesn't have any cherry in it. Maybe that is what's bothering me. Feel free to offer suggestions or criticism. I might listen or I might not ;)

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
Fred, that looks outstanding, which is not surprising because all that you do turns out beautifully! That said, I am still trying to wrap my head around the use of "spackling", but there is no arguing with the result...it is stunning.
I don't know how well it will hold up (spackling) so I'm keeping it for a while just in case. I used it as grain filler. It works with paint. :p if it falls out I can always pour epoxy over it.

Reactions: drw

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS