a couple of shop pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
I took a couple of quick photos of my tiny workspace. It isn't that bad; where I stood to take them is in the other bay of the garage and I can back my wife's car out to give me more room

shop14.JPG

What a mess, huh? :gar-Bi

When everything is put away, it actually fits and you can walk around in there.

Here is the area in front of my wife's car:

shop23.JPG

Those are the tools I move out into the garage when I back her car out.

There is also a 9" bandsaw on top of the cabinet on the left, which has a few handheld power tools in it.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Folks I have been to Andy's shop. The pictures makes it worse then it really is. Andy, most of my shop is on wheels but it works for me. Your shop works for you which is all that matter. With 7 year old triplettes it is a wonder you can get any shop time at all. :wsmile:

macdaddy

New User
Steve
Now that is the kind of shop I would feel right at home in. Usually I try to keep a large open area cleared down the middle to walk through but I have started two projects with big pieces and now it is even hard to get around in my shop. I just do not have time to work on anything right now. :wink_smilBut there is light at the end of the tunnel for me: I am retireing in a couple of months and time should not be a problem for me.:icon_chee

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Andy, your shop looks just like mine used to! :icon_thum To the untrained eye, you would think that there is no way you could ever find anything in there, but you know where EVERYTHING is don't you? ;-)

Trent

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
Andy:
Have you been taking shop layout advice from Steve Coles? :gar-La;

Seriously, it looks like the best kind of shop: a shop that gets used alot!

Doug

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
If you're happy with it and it works for you that is all that matters. Looks like you do have a lot of task type lighting. Standard lighting in a garage leaves a lot to be desired.

woodrat

New User
Archie
Hey Andy,

Man, how did you manage to get pictures
of my shop? I didn't see you come out here
and start taking pictures. :rotflm:

If it works for you....go for it!! :eusa_clap

Woodrat

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
:eusa_thin Not bad.
You've given me some ideas :laughing7

Roger

You must be seriously desparate for inspiration. :rotflm:

Actually, I will have to take more pics when I have stuff put away, and in an oxymoronic twist, when I have more stuff out. By that I mean I should take a picture of my router carriage, my work table top for the workmate, my carving motors hanging, etc. What causes me to get it in such a mess is that I only have a couple of small work surfaces, so everything is brought out to the same spots. If I need to do one operation in the middle of the other, I will try to fit both and it starts looking like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS