A couple Hollow Forms

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyrod444

New User
Jack
Here are the last two HF's I finished. They are both finished with deft spray and buffed to a shine. the first one is 5 1/2" in dia. The second is 12" by 6" high. Both where hollowed using the #1 hooker tool John Jordan sells.
Jack
100_1466.JPG

100_1467.JPG

100_1468.JPG

100_1469.JPG

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
You say these are the lest of the HF - I guess I am sorry that i missed the earlier posts with these. They look great.

I have started turning but have a lot to learn before i accomplish something like this.

I'd guess Ambrosia Maple - but what kind of wood is it?

Good work!

Henry

sawduster

New User
Robert
Wow !! :swoon: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

I do not see me ever doing something that complex :nah:

nicely done ! :icon_thum

DavidF

New User
David
Very nice!! Hollow forms are what I want to concentrate on next, after I finish the latest "flat work" project.

PChristy

New User
Phillip
Wow !! :swoon: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

I do not see me ever doing something that complex :nah:

nicely done ! :icon_thum

my brudda - with all of the VERY NICE projects that I have seen you do - I know that one day you will be able to do something like this -

Jack very nice:icon_thum I really like them:eusa_clap

Kalai

New User
Chris Kalai Allen
Hi Jack, very nice work, David Ellsworth would say that is nice work too, even though you used a John Jordan tool instead of a David E. tool (Ha Ha)
You did a very good job keep up the good work, aloha.

Kalai

flyrod444

New User
Jack
Thanks for the compliments everyone. The first one is spalted maple and the second is Ambrosia Maple. A friend has the whole log of ambrosia maple. It was about 26" in dia. by 20' long. The only problem is that it has checked around the pith for the whole length of the log. It kills me to turn so much of it away when roughing out the bowls. If you don't get all the checks out when roughing out the blank, the bowl will crack bad as it dries. I have one big bowl roughed out that will be real nice in about 3 more months when it is dry enough to return. It is around 18" in dia.
Thanks again,
Jack

Splinter

New User
Dolan Brown
Those are really nice Jack. I especially like the first one. Kind of looks like a globe showing the boundries of the different contries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS