A Birthday Present for Steve Coles

Status
Not open for further replies.

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
A couple of weeks ago we sent a pm to a lot of people, and asked them to forward it to everyone on their contact list:XXcompute. In the pm we suggested that we as a group take up a collection for Steve Coles' birthday:widea:. We were going to make a group donation in his honor, to this wonderful meeting place he has created. We were also going to present it to him early, at the Fall Gathering in the Mountains. Well as luck would have it, Steve and his wife were not able to make it to the mountains
Drogar-Cry%28DBG%29.gif
. That was bad in a way but it was also good in a way. We were able to come together as a group and get some more donations together:eusa_danc. The donations that were sent to me by pay pal, and paid by cash were forwarded by the North Carolina Woodworker donation link on the home page via pay pal. The checks that were written were put in an envelope and sent overnight by Fed X on the 14th. That was yesterday. This was a huge success in my opinion and was a group effort. In the event that someone did not get a pm from another user, you can still contribute to Steve’s gift by clicking on the donate link here or in the navigation bar. If we missed anyone that would like to contribute, it was accidental. All individual donations will be held in strictest confidence. Happy birthday Steve!! From your friends at North Carolina Woodworker. :new_birth:new_birth:new_birth:new_birth Thanks for all you do. And may your birthday be special.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Tracy u-r-da-man. I could not think of a better way to say happy birthday. Thanks for all your efforts.

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Tracy, thanks again for organizing this. I think the term "herding cats" has been used to describe this group before :)

BTW, my birthday is in April, I wouldn't mind some "donations" for a drum sander :rolf:

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Ditto on a huge Thank You, Tracy!!!

I believe that everything seems to have worked out ok.

Your work and coordination is certainly appreciated.

Wayne

M

McRabbet

Thanks, Tracy -- and Happy Birthday Steve -- I'd love to have seen the look on your face when you received this...

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
I am just flabbergasted:embaresse:elvis::cry_smile. Between the PayPal and the checks that just arrived, there was $510 donated to the site for my birthday. Thank you all so much.:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap This has been a great Birthday.

So while we're on the topic of donations:swoon:, please remember that it doesn't have to my birthday to donate to the site:elvis:. So please feel free to donate just becuase you want to support the site.:notworthy:

However, I've decide that all donations made today will be for my birthday not matter what your reason:rotflm::rotflm::rotflm:

TracyP

Tracy
I am just flabbergasted:embaresse:elvis::cry_smile. Between the PayPal and the checks that just arrived, there was $510 donated to the site for my birthday. Thank you all so much.:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap This has been a great Birthday.

So while we're on the topic of donations:swoon:, please remember that it doesn't have to my birthday to donate to the site:elvis:. So please feel free to donate just becuase you want to support the site.:notworthy:

However, I've decide that all donations made today will be for my birthday not matter what your reason:rotflm::rotflm::rotflm:

Steve, there may still be a couple of straggling checks that come in to me. If there are I will forward them to you. I think I can call this a success. Thanks to all that helped make this possible:thumbs_up

jerrye

New User
Jerry
I think I can call this a success. Thanks to all that helped make this possible:thumbs_up

Put it on the calendar! From now on this is the OFFICIAL "24 Hours of Steve Coles Birthday Donations":icon_thum:eusa_danc Kinda like what area schools do with restaraunts for fund raisin'.

TracyP

Tracy
OK, now that I am home, and can type on a real computer, and all things made it to Steve safely, I can take a deep breath:5sigh: all the cats have been herded:rotflm:. Thank all of you for helping make this episode of cat herding a success. Everyone here deserves all the credit, not me!!!!

Thanks everyone.

PChristy

New User
Phillip
Thanks Tracy for getting this together - and a BIG HABBPY BIRTHDAY to you Steve and thank you for all that you have done for this site

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Happy birthday Steve!!! :new_birth:eek:ccasion1:tool::new_birth:eek:ccasion1:tool::new_birth:eek:ccasion1:tool::new_birth:eek:ccasion1:tool::new_birth:eek:ccasion1:tool::new_birth:eek:ccasion1:tool::new_birth:eek:ccasion1:tool::new_birth:eek:ccasion1:tool::new_birth:eek:ccasion1:tool::new_birth:eek:ccasion1:tool::new_birth:eek:ccasion1:tool::new_birth:eek:ccasion1:tool::new_birth

Tracy, that was a great idea and a very generous gesture on the part of so many folks. So Steve, with your birthday money, can we get the favorite smiley thing back? :rotflm:

cskipper

Cathy
Tracy, thanks for coordinating all of this!

Steve, glad we could make a donation "in your honor". Happy birthday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors