2010 Picnic Location

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Right now the BoD is looking at either May 15th or May 22nd for the NCWW annual picnic. The location is TBD. Our past picnics have been at the State Park at Jordan Lake. The picnic has become such a big hit that we have out grown the small venus at the lake and the large one was very nice but came at a high price. Also using State land prevents having lumber runs and other sales.

Now the reason for my thread. The BoD is asking if any one has access to or recommendations for ohter locations. Maybe you are member of a group like VFW, Lions, etc. The location should be in or close to the triangle, be able to handle 150-200 guests and have covered space in the event of rain.

If you can help please send a PM to me or Peteb301. Pete and I are co-chairmen of this year's event. Thanks

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
So you wouldn't be interested in coming a little further west? Guess most members are in the RDU area?

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Reggie, the biggest group of members is in the Triangle but I will never say never as far as a location further west. Have a place in mind?

SteveHall

Steve
Corporate Member
Hmm... There are two shelters in Cary that are large enough. Bond Park Kiwani picnic shelter that can seat 200+ for $160. There's also the Ritter Park Rotary picnic shelter which seats 250 for $150 and is closer to the highway.

boxxmaker

New User
Ken
Sure hope you folks get a place lined up.I would really like to make this one.Its a tad bit of a drive for me ,But I think it would be worth it. :icon_thum

bwat

New User
Bill
Another vote (not that you are asking for one) for a location west of triangle. Perhaps Greensboro area would be a bit more central to the membership???

mbeach

New User
Mike
Its west of the triangle, but in Winston Salem you have Tanglewood Park. Has some nice facilites.

Sully

New User
jay
I know the perfect place with plenty of free facilities, parking, etc. and will easily hold several hundred people. Ya'll need to come out this way (east)!

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Town of Apex Park, on Laura Duncan Rd (off 64, near BoJangles). They have TWO shelters that are right next to each other. They each rent in four blocks, with preference given to town residents. Plenty of parking, walking trail around lake, ten minutes to the mall. Located in the BACK of the park ( a definite plus.) I think reservations can't be made more than 60 days in advance, if memory serves me correct. Much easier for out of towners to get to than Yates Mill.

peteb301

Pete
Corporate Member
Any further input on additional site posibilities ?? Please psot or sent me a message, as I will be
checking all of these within a week ?
THANKS
Pete

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS