2008 Calendar Contest??

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
It is time for the calendar contest. But this how about someone else organizing it. If you are interested in running the contest, please PM me.

As far as the contest itself, remember it is a photography contest with woodworking projects as the subject. We really need better quality of photos this year. Unless somebody has better idea and willing to make sure it gets done, then I'd like to use CafePress again to produce the calendars.

We only sold 68 last year and 20 of those bought by me to give away to publize the site.

I' ve already started collecting the prizes, one of which is a freud 2 1/4 router with a optional Plunge base. This is of course from the Raleigh Woodcraft store clearance sale:eusa_dancMore on prizes later

Monty

New User
Monty
Awesome! I was just thinking about that, since our current calendars will expire in a few months! ;) I'll be happy to help out with the organization - I'll have time, since I have no projects worth taking a picture of this year... :(

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
That's great, Monty. Since I never saw the 2007 calendar, I don't know exactly what to expect, but put me down for 10 copies. Maybe more. What's the details and how do we submit projects?

Monty

New User
Monty
I can post some details tomorrow, when I have some more time. We will have to specify the requirements for the photos, as well as a deadline date so we will have time to vote.

Basically it's a calendar with photos of our projects. North Carolina Woodworker members can submit entries, and the forum members get to vote on all the entries. We'll vote on entries for individual months as well as for the cover design. Since we want the calendar to look as nice as possible, we will be voting on the project itself as well as the quality of the photograph. I know there are lots of great projects out there that I've seen over the past year, so we can expect some great competition this year!!!

lottathought

New User
Michael
I might be able to help some.
Course...
With prizes like what Steve is coming up with, would be awful hard to not try to compete. :eusa_danc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS