2 Shows

Status
Not open for further replies.

erasmussen

RAS
Corporate Member
I have things in 2 shows going on at the same time, they opened friday , and will run until June 24.

The first one is the "32nd national juried fine arts exhibition", The judge this year was a painting person :elvis: all the awards except 1 went to Paintings.
But I managed to snag the one that wasnt a painting.
With this turning
show1-1.jpg

I also entered this one.
show1-2.jpg

The second show is of my work.
I know its only Goldsboro but at least its a start.

show2-6.jpg

show2-4.jpg

show2-3.jpg

show2-2.jpg

show2-1.jpg

Glennbear

Glenn
Congratulations Earl, I am glad you are getting recognition for the many hours you have spent making these beautiful works of art. :wsmile:

sushinutnc

New User
Mike
The first one is the "32nd national juried fine arts exhibition", The judge this year was a painting person :elvis: all the awards except 1 went to Paintings.
Awesome, Earl. Congrats. To be fair though, "fine art" normally encompasses the visual/aesthetic arts. IMO, your work is RIGHT at the edge of sculpture (a fine art) and what some might consider "wooden pottery" (a decorative art or craft). I think it's a fantastic edge you're riding on. The vast majority of woodworkers work only in the artisan and crafts worlds, and you're truly one of those bridging the gap into the area of fine arts.:icon_thum

M

McRabbet

I can just about see the beaming smile on your face right now, despite your normal mild manner, I know you must be very proud of your accomplishments -- it is incredible to think that you are in two shows at once! Beautiful work indeed and a much deserved award in the juried competition.

CDPeters

Master of None
Chris
Well done Earl :eusa_clap:eusa_clap

I find your work fascinating - something that can be appreciated by artists and engineers alike!

C.

smallboat

smallboat
Corporate Member
Earl-
Your work speaks for itself. I've known my share of artists, and crafts people (maybe more). Many would struggle to get it together for one show, much less two at a time. To have that much "show worthy" work is impressive, and given the intensive nature of your segmented turnings its mind boggling.

On top of all that you never fail to share you experience here where the rest of us can hope to learn from it.

This exposure for you and your work is well deserved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS