2 new tools, not toys this time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jon

New User
Jon Todd
I had to get this for a retaining wall I am buildingout of railroad ties. Its a Bosch Wormdrive saw and a prazi Beam cutter. I wanted to test it out so I grabbed a 6x6 and made my first cut it cuts great till you hit the hidden screw that was in the wood. now it will not cut for crap. Oh well I will sharpen it and and get a new chain and be more careful next time.

prazi_020.jpg

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I had to get this for a retaining wall I am buildingout of railroad ties.

Oh, the excuses we make to buy the [STRIKE]tools[/STRIKE] toys we want :lol::lol::lol::lol: It's nice to be able to write it off as a business expense :icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum
Better keep that chain saw file handy, as cutting creosote soaked RR ties will dull a chain quickly.
Dave:)

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
Aw, man - I had finally succeeded in putting the Prazi out of mind and you show me one up close and personal. I want one. :jealous: For those that don't know, think about having a circular saw that thinks it's a sawmill - and can produce evidence to support that rediculous assertion.

Major rockin' good score! :icon_thum:eusa_danc

Sorry about the nail. :eusa_booh but you still got your Prazi!

Jon

New User
Jon Todd
Doug I can get I think 120 more at 30 dollars each. They are The best quality I have ever seen. If you want some they weigh about 220 pounds each so need a truck for sure.

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Jon,

Now that's a [STRIKE]toy[/STRIKE] tool that totally rocks. Congrats on the snag. Sorry about locating some metal in the wood. Sounds like a good excuse to buy a metal detector.:gar-Bi

Ray

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Looks like a circular saw on steroids! 8-O I hope your saw doesn't find itself in the midst of the Mitchell report. :rotflm: Nice score! :icon_thum

Trent

M

McRabbet

Doug I can get I think 120 more at 30 dollars each. They are The best quality I have ever seen. If you want some they weigh about 220 pounds each so need a truck for sure.
Jon, I'm surprised at that price for used RR Ties. I bought 30 of them last year from our local Lowes that were in good, solid shape for about $11 each. I was able to cull any marginal ones from the pile as well. I agree on the weight, though. I had a colleague's trailer and transported 15 at a time and unloaded them be myself. I'm glad I could move the trailer close to the work site; I tipped them off the trailer and moved them end-over-end slightly down hill, but it was still heavy work!

BTW, I cut mine with a chainsaw and always check for embedded gravel or any metal. So far, so good.

Jon

New User
Jon Todd
Rob,
They dont really look used and They are Sqaure cut for corners they were for a Show like railroad in Texas. They were only down for 60 days. I tried the chainsaw but didnt get the sqaure cut I wanted.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
The last time I remember handling crossties by hand my dad had bought some used ones from a guy that did railroad repairs. Sent me to pick 'em up in a flatbed dump by myself. No one there to help me load 'em but the secretary. I got 'em on (in 90 degree weather) but I kept wiping my forehead with my shirt & blistered myself from the creosote in the shirt!:BangHead: Man, that's some nasty stuff! The Prazi is a cool tool. Cut SIPS panels real well too. Consucks are in order here. Now go on & get the metal detector.:gar-La;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors