15" Planer options

Status
Not open for further replies.

petebucy4638

Pete
Corporate Member
Dan,
Gotta say that $850-950 to me is a lot for mobile head planer. I wonder if you would consider the mobile feed table instead..like the G0453? I use a similar grizzly planer to the 453 and love the quality. Additionally, there will be a point where consideration on a helical head comes in. The G0477 can't be upgraded to my knowledge.

I'm in the market for a planer and I've been looking at Grizzly's G0453. It can be upgraded. Grizzly offers three different helical heads for that model. It's actually less expensive to order the straight-blade planer, then install the new head, then it is to order it with a spiral head.

Pete

Herbie

New User
Herbie
I personly like the Jet 15" planer,I have mine under my old tractor shed on a cement pad both ends of the shed are open so no problem with long boards and I just back-up my lawn tralor up to it and let the shavings land in it and put them around my better halfs flowers. Rain or shine I can plane.You can get the spiral head for it if wanted,but it is rather pricy you can also get carbide blades for it out of Canada for less than 1/2 the price here in the USA.Herbie:thumbs_up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS