15 % off All Power Tools at Lowes

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
Really? All stores? Is this in the paper or anything?

What do I need?????:eusa_thin:eusa_thin:eusa_thin:eusa_thin:eusa_thin:eusa_thin

Travis,
Slow down... take a deep breath .....and think real hard......What the heck are you gonna get at Lowes anyway. They don't sell three phase, and the only tool that they have that's big enough for you is a forklift. Besides, if they had the forklift on sale Scott would probably have first dibs anyway:rotflm::rotflm::rotflm:.

Jimmy:)

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Travis,
Slow down... take a deep breath .....and think real hard......What the heck are you gonna get at Lowes anyway. They don't sell three phase, and the only tool that they have that's big enough for you is a forklift. Besides, if they had the forklift on sale Scott would probably have first dibs anyway:rotflm::rotflm::rotflm:.

I'm sure there are plenty of things that a mere mortal like me could use at Lowes. :roll: :rotflm::rotflm:

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
All tools in tool world? I wouldn't mind having a few pneumatic tools....

Been thinking about a new stapler. Wouldn't mind having a pneumatic ratchet. A set of T handled metric allen wrenches, a set of metric nut drivers........ A 1/4" drive ratchet. A few extra Bessey's would be nice.....

I'M GOING TO LOWES!!!!!!!! TODAY!!!!!!

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
I'M GOING TO LOWES!!!!!!!! TODAY!!!!!!

So the question is....what's the outcome going to be?
Will it be:
I am a tool junkie and am trying to recover. I have not made a major tool purchase since March 26
or:
I am a tool junkie and am trying to recover. I have not made a major tool purchase since February 2, but did buy some miscellaneous tools on March 26.
Too bad Lowe's doesn't have what I need.....but I may have to stop by another store before the week is out :)

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
That is nice!!! I wouldn't mind having a Colt. I didn't know they carried them at Lowes!:eusa_thin

Bas, it won't be a major tool purchase. It will be a minor one. Major purchases are on temporary hold.

Bas,

Think about the word major, I asked Travis to include that line because his major purchase are usually just dreams for us mere mortals:rotflm:.

ps. when are you upping your bid Bas?:lol:

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Bas, it won't be a major tool purchase. It will be a minor one. Major purchases are on temporary hold.

I guess it depends on the definition of major tool purchase. My characteristics
  • Price > $100
  • Requires two people to carry
  • 220V and/ or 20A circuit required
  • Lee Valley box
  • Anything Festool
  • Rebate > $25
  • Contains more than 20 components
Anything that meets two or more of these criteria is a major purchase :)
Sort of. I'm sure there are exceptions.

Travis'/ Scott's characteristics:
  • Uses 3-phase power
  • Requires reinforcement of the floor
  • Uses 6gauge wiring
  • Causes earth quake alarms to go off when powered up
  • Service technician drives a Hummer
  • Requires rezoning
  • Sold on Craig's List because it killed its former owner
:rotflm:

titan04

New User
Josh
  • Uses 3-phase power
  • Uses 6gauge wiring
  • Requires rezoning

:rotflm::rotflm: Classic...:saw:

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
OK today is the twenty sixth, that means that tomorrow is the twenty seventh. If my elementary math is correct that means that I get off of work at 6:00 PM and Lowes is five minutes away. If I am calculating correctly, five minutes to the blue Borg, one minute to park, one minute to walk into the store and three minutes to drool, that means that in approximately ten minutes I could be in major trouble with the LOML. I have always heard that it is better to ask forgiveness than to ask permission.
:rotflm::gar-Bi
I am gonna be in deep, especially if the orange Borg takes competitors coupons or sales. The only difference is that the orange place is thirty minutes away which will allow me to be safe for a little while longer.

Tracy, AKA in deep!!!!

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
I guess it depends on the definition of major tool purchase. My characteristics
  • Price > $100
  • Requires two people to carry
  • 220V and/ or 20A circuit required
  • Lee Valley box
  • Anything Festool
  • Rebate > $25
  • Contains more than 20 components
Anything that meets two or more of these criteria is a major purchase :)
Sort of. I'm sure there are exceptions.

• Uses 3-phase power
  • Uses 6gauge wiring
  • Requires rezoning

No, no, no. You have it wrong. The jointer took 8 gauge wiring, only 40 amps. 6 gauge is for 50 amps.:icon_thum

Let's finish the corrections:
Uses a minimum of 30 amps (single or 3 phase)
requires reinforcement of the floor
Requires a forklift, pallet jack, or motor lift to move
Gross weight minimum of 900 lbs
Service technician has a minimum of a masters degree
Sold on Craig's list because former owner was never found after using it

ebarr

New User
Wayne
What is Lowes policy if you just purchased something, lets say day before yesterday. :eusa_thin Will they honor the 15% off.

Yes, I have a problem, I need to stop going to any gatherings or meetings to get my addiction under control:rotflm:

After going to the TWA meeting and listening to Gus Stefureac, I couldn't rest without getting a scroll saw. Which I think I madeI didn't want to spend much money, but didn't want something cheap. So after reading several reviews it was off to Lowes to get the Hitachi Scroll Saw. I used it last night and I really like it.

Did I bury this gloat deep enough? :gar-La;

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
They'll honor it. Otherwise, return it, get your money back, offer to put the box back on the rack, and head for checkout :)

I can relate to your problem. I just got two saw blades from this guy at Leitz. Didn't really need them right now, but I don't want to pay full retail when I do need them. I'm going to go broke on all these bargains :)

On burying the gloat...what gloat? No pictures, didn't happen! :tool:

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
Bas you sound like me. I've saved more money on equipment and supplies than I've spent.:wsmile:
(That's my story and I'm sticking to it.)

mkepke

Mark
Senior User
I ain't saying nuthin'

Too_much_stuff.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors