Search results

1. oldetoolworkshop

Workshop Tour

Hey Ya'll I've wanted to do this for a while now, but life keeps getting in the way. I have posted a video of my workshop on YouTube, the title is "2018 Workshop Tour". Please Let me know what you think. "Happy Shavings" -Aaron
  2. oldetoolworkshop

Christmas Present / Tool Gloat

Hey All, I hope everyone had a great Christmas. My wife is the best, I really mean it, this is what she gave me for Christmas: a Lie-Nielsen Number 4 Bronze smoothing plane! Really, I could not believe it. -Aaron Olde Tool Workshop
  3. oldetoolworkshop

Workbench build with Roubo Straighteners

Hi all, Just checked around the web to see if anyone has used this method of laminating and face joining a workbench top. The Roubo straightener I am referring to is shown on my blog here: http://oldetoolworkshop.com/2017/12/19/roubo-to-the-rescue/ Has anyone out there used this method or...
  4. oldetoolworkshop

6o deg Live Center Advice

I'm in need of a 60 Deg. Live Center for my Jet Mini Lathe model JML -1014VSI with a #2 Morse Taper. Any suggestions on a high quality center to be used for light duty work, small bowls and smallish spindles on up to 3" in diameter? Price is a consideration, but quality is my #1 concern...
  5. oldetoolworkshop

New Fire Piston Project and some Mystery Wood

Hi All, It has been a while since I have posted to this forum. A lot can happen in a few months. Anyway I have a new Jet 1014 Mini Lathe with a bed extension. I have turned a few things on it and I am getting better. My Project here is a FIre Piston made from some wood my neighbor gave me...
  6. oldetoolworkshop

6-Board Chest

Hi All, It's been a while since I have posted anything here. I just wanted to show you my newly finished 6-Board Chest, I built in the Woodwright's School in Pittsboro. Chris Schwarz taught the class and we all had a great time. This was a three day class and was plenty of time to finish this...
  7. oldetoolworkshop

Finished Pole Lathe

Hi All, I just wanted to post some pics of my Spring Pole Lathe. The woodworking is finished but I still need to put on a couple of coats of boiled linseed oil for a finish. I guess I am "turning to the dark side" now because I love to use this thing. Check out the tops I have made with it...
  8. oldetoolworkshop

New Blog post about lathes and bookshelves and stuff

Warning Shameless Blog promotion ahead! I have updated my Blog with a new post. It is a bit of a tongue-and-cheek attempt at my medical condition and woodworking combined. Enjoy! http://oldetoolworkshop.com/blog/ -Aaron
  9. oldetoolworkshop

My new Stanley #5 1/2C

Hi All, After the picnic, on my way home I stopped by Ed Lebetkin's store to do some business. This usually ends up in me giving him $$, but this time I had some stuff to sell him. After all was said and done I left his fine establishment with a very nice Stanley 5 1/2 and a credit in his...
  10. oldetoolworkshop

Mallet Elbow

I am seriously bummed. In an effort to finish my pole lathe before the upcoming Moravian Bench class at Roy's, I injured my right elbow. From what I can tell this is similar to tennis elbow. I'm unofficially calling it "Mallet Elbow". I had to cancel my bench class because I know my arm...
  11. oldetoolworkshop

Lathe base complete

Hey All, Here is a picture of my unfinished lathe. It still need the poles, tool rest tail stock and rocker arm to be complete, but the joinery is compete. to read my whole long winded article please visit my blog. http://oldetoolworkshop.com/blog I do have one question, does anyone have...
  12. oldetoolworkshop

New um I mean old Anvil

My wife and kids just got back from visiting my in-laws and my father-in-law sent me an old piece of narrow gauge railroad track about 5" long and 2.5" tall. He thought it would make a nice anvil. When I first saw it, it was covered with rust and pretty dirty. Sorry, but in a case of...
  13. oldetoolworkshop

Glad I found ya'll

Hey Everyone! Why did it take me so long to find this group? I doesn't make since. I live in NC and I work wood (traditional for 2 years now) and I am somewhat computer savvy. Then tell me why haven't I found ya'll before now? Well, all I can say is I'm here now now and I'm excited to be in...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS