Search results

1. Pop Golden

Home workshop insurance

I'm wondering about home owners insurance for my workshop. I have around 650-700 sq. ft. in my basement. Its the equipment I am most concerned about. It's a few years since my last inventory. My best guess is I have around $80,000 worth of machines, cabinets etc. What are the rest of you folks...
  2. Pop Golden

oil based poly

I have a quart can of unopened oil based poly. What have you folks found to be the average life of this stuff? Pop
  3. Pop Golden

HOOK & LOOP ON DRUM SANDER

Has anybody used or has information on using hook & loop on a drum sander? I might try this out, but need more info. Pop :confused:
  4. Pop Golden

Dust Removal

I noticed a few weeks ago someone said they used a leaf blower to get dust out of their shop. Was this a joke, or do you really use a leaf blower to blow the dust out of your shop? Thinking of giving it a try with my sawdust covered shop. Pop :D
  5. Pop Golden

Converting 16-32 drum sander to kling

Hi Folks, I'm wondering has anyone heard of a conversion kit to attach sandpaper to the drum using a kling material. I'm just kicking this idea around. Has any of you tried this? If so did it work? Pop :confused:
  6. Pop Golden

Flocking

I'm thinking of flocking 2 drawers in a new cabinet. Has someone out there done this? How di it go? What equipment do I but? Is it difficult? Need info. Pop
  7. Pop Golden

scrub plane blade

I am very sure I've destroyed a plane blade. What is the preferred radius of a scrub plane blade? The plane I'm working on may have too small mouth. What should it be on a scrub plane? Pop :oops:
  8. Pop Golden

Dado set in EU

Are dado sets really outlawed in the EU? What about China, Russia, Japan etc. Pop :rolleyes:
  9. Pop Golden

Pony Express

I have a guy in Shallotte with a set of lathe tools for sale. Is there somebody out there who could pony express to me in Charlotte? Pop
  10. Pop Golden

Dust collection on a radial arm saw

I have an older Delta contractor's RAS. There is a dust spout sticking up on the guard. My experiments tend to show the saw dust exiting the cut and shooting straight back. 1st question: Anyone out there have a delta RAS? 2nd question does the DC spout on the guard work? I planning to build a DC...
  11. Pop Golden

Intro Thread just a year or two late

Born Atlanta GA., 1940 (78 year old geezer), Dad in corrugated container business. 17 different schools between 1 & 12, Started driving nails in wood around 6 or 7, Started real woodworking in 7th. grade shop. been at it since (60 + years), 1st. love toy making. Have a fairly complete shop...
  12. Pop Golden

Lettering Templates

I bought a set of lettering templates that were pony expressed to Monroe. I have lost the contact's phone & name. Please get up with me. 704-519-6826 Pop
  13. Pop Golden

Stratus Dust Cleaner

Hi Folks, I have come across this air cleaner. Looked up their web page, and it looks like something I may buy. Does anyone out there have one or been exposed to one in another shop? If so tell me what you think. Pop
  14. Pop Golden

Emglo Air Compressor

I have an Emglo E810 1-1/2Hp. 4Gal. 125PSI twin tank compressor that I have replaced with a larger compressor. I've had it for a few years, but shes still got plenty of pep. Has new air filter, regulator & M-style brass industrial output. The output is 4.0 SCFM @ 90#. Asking $75.00 Send me a PM...
  15. Pop Golden

New lathe

Well I finally sent my piece of junk Delta Iron Bed 46-715 lathe out the door for good. Just a little note this old machine was never right from the day I bought it. Crooked main shaft. Replaced multiple times still crooked till the end. NOW! My new lathe is a Nova Saturn DVR lathe. Purchased...
  16. Pop Golden

What's with the new layout?

Gosh folks, I thought we had a handle on the site. I come in this AM and there's a new layout. What was wrong with the old one we were use to? I don't really like to grump, but I don't like it. Oh Yea, it's got one of everything and two of somethings but it's so spread out that it takes too much...
  17. Pop Golden

NEW WORKBENCH - OLD WORKBENCH

I have built myself a new workbench. I have one small problem my old workbench has been setting in the middle of my shop for several months. IT"S IN THE WAY! It's sporting a very good Jorgenson 4 X 10 in. vise. After dropping my price several times I'm asking $100 or BO. Would someone please get...
  18. Pop Golden

Harbor Fright Dust Collector

I have several woodworkers I know including my son who have a Harbor Fright dust collector. How many of you folks have a HF collector? Any problems? My son has a Dust Deputy in front of his collector. I'm thinking of the same arrangement. He has had good results.
  19. Pop Golden

new money

A few months ago someone posted a series of pictures of a carving called "New Money". I would like to get the address to pull those pictures up. Thanks Pop
  20. Pop Golden

motor rotation question

Hi folks! Pop needs some help. I bought 3 motors from WT Tool. The price was right. The problem is they only rotate clockwise. I designed a jackshaft to reverse the rotation. This rig saps power. Here is the question: if I rotate these motors 1800 will the shaft rotate counter clockwise...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS