Search results

1. M

Toybox for Grandson's first birthday

Pictures of the toybox before it gets stained and finished. The toybox is made out of the 3/4" Poplar, as are the raised panels, rails and stiles. The sides are joined with through dovetails. The embedded checker board is 3/4" walnut and maple squares, and the bottom of the box is 3/4" cabinet...
  2. M

the holly grail of exterior wood finish

In the search for the holly grail of natural looking exterior wood finish. First, many will tell you that selecting ‘exterior’ wood and applying no finish at all is the way to go, it is the easiest way to go for sure. I’ve tried it with and without a finish; I enjoy the look, smell, and feel...
  3. M

Cedar vs. Cypress vs. Mahogany

I'm building some Adirondack chairs. I built the sample out of Cedar and got a lot of tear out where I drilled the screw holes close to the edge, I’m also concerned about strength long term. It looks and feels great though. I’m considering Cypress or Mahogany. I’ve worked with Mahogany before so...
  4. M

Just makes you want to cry moment

Thanks to everyone for saying hello. I was finishing my Adirondack chair sample this evening and it brought to mind one of the saddest times I had woodworking. I’m sure you all can identify with this. This took place about 25 years ago. My wife and I had just moved into our first house...
  5. M

Doing as I was told

So I was told to introduce myself and I always do what I'm told to do. Found this site while looking for wood. I have been designing and building wood furniture and specialty items for the past 35+ years. I had a farmer with a saw mill who cut and air dried all my wood while I was living in...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS