Search results

1. B

Roy Underhill & Chris Schwarz Alert: WUNC-TV, Woodwright's Shop

The Brian Boggs episode was IMHO equally fantastic! Thanks for the heads up.
  2. B

The Aussies Like it!

Hey, I don't see anything that says they like it!! :gar-Bi
  3. B

Small bit cordless drill - UPDATE

Re: Small bit cordless drill I love the dremel drill press attachment!
  4. B

Latest Harpsichord finished... I'm getting too old for this!

Just as a point of humor, I was rereading this thread and saw this down at the bottom of the page in the "similar threads" section - Harpsichord Project Part 24 - The Case is Finished By ErnieM in forum "How To" Forum Replies: 18 Last...
  5. B

Latest Harpsichord finished... I'm getting too old for this!

I've seen one and the 2d limitations of pictures don't do justice to Ernie's work. Love the color scheme and the reversed keyboard withe the white sharps/flats!
  6. B

Questions about drum sander feed angle.

Your right, the sanding belts are cheap. The purpose is for surface finish, not abrasive life, like in the video I posted.
  7. B

Just to be clear, my question is not about merely skewing the workpiece, but actually changing the direction of the feed belt travel. If the drum axis of rotation is east-west, then the direction of the feed belt and the sanding media would be north-south. if the feed belt were to go...
  8. B

I'm going to be picking up a drum sander from frazierk's classified ad this week (performax 16 32) and have been reading up on them. It seems that other than material removal speed the drawback is that the sander leaves lines on the workpiece that need to be cleaned up. I've read that you can...
  9. B

Jessum Mortice Mill

I've got a plunge base for my rigid 2.25 router and also a bosch 1617evs, I'd just like one for my colt :)
  10. B

Jessum Mortice Mill

Looks nice, to me. I like that it can be easily taken to the workpiece. It would be nice if they could integrate a removable clamp, though. I like the idea of the Mortise Pal. I'd like to get the plunge base for my Bosch Colt palm router and then the Mortise pal looks like it would be a...
  11. B

Fibonacci gauge

You could upload it to the sketchup 3d warehouse and tag it with appropriate key words. http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/
  12. B

Videos for this weekend's class

Alan, although I am closer to the coast (hint taken!) I just wanted to say that I've appreciated the unique skill set you bring to NCwoodworker and your willingness to share the knowledge. I'm a big proponent of 'open source' knowledge and I really appreciate acts such as this, as well as Mike...
  13. B

Delta SS350 Scroll Saw won't change speeds

THanks for the update, Joe, and I'm glad you were able to get things back on track! That seems to be a bit cheaper than a new board..... :)
  14. B

Thinking about selling my shop

Sorry to hear the situation and I hope things straighten out for you. On another forum, I often see guys selling things in groups - for example, you might get together all of your 1/2 router bits and post a picture of them as well as list them, and then sell the lot at a given price. There...
  15. B

New To The Club

Glad to have you in the club! But, just to make sure you're legit, what's the secret password?
  16. B

Delta SS350 won't change speeds

Joe, I'm not an avid scroller by any means, so if it would help you in your trouble shooting, I'd be glad to send you my control board so that you could test it and have a functioning reference. Or, contact one of the many electrical pro's here on the board and to see if they would look at it -...
  17. B

Delta SS350 won't change speeds

If you find a fix, please post it. I've recently bought one of these for $40 and after googling to see if I could find an answer for you, I'm worried :(
  18. B

Subject for Raleigh Workshop?

That'd be great, and very generous of you with your time. I've got some spare parts for planes as well as a few frankenplanes in need of a few things, if anyone else is in the same boat perhaps we could get a 'swap' going on.
  19. B

touché!
  20. B

I am a sharpening addict and always looking to learn something new. Proper operation of a board stretcher would be good, too, as I've never once gotten mine to work... Perhaps start another poll with things you feel comfortable instructing and let potential attendees vote again. Sent from my...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS