Subject for Raleigh Workshop?

What subject for Raleigh workshop?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
We have 10 votes for toolforone's location in Raleigh to hold a workshop so what would you like to do?

Ben325e

New User
Ben
I am a sharpening addict and always looking to learn something new. Proper operation of a board stretcher would be good, too, as I've never once gotten mine to work...

Perhaps start another poll with things you feel comfortable instructing and let potential attendees vote again.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
We could actually lump sharpening and hand planes together or make a long day of it with hand planes in the morning and sharpening after lunch.

If we start at 8am and go to 12 then resume at 1 and go to 5 or 6 we could get almost the same working hours in each subject that a normal 6 hour workshop does.

You can take just the morn, just after lunch or both.

How does that sound?

While I want to help you learn the subject matter my great hope is to get someone to step up and provide the same sort of service in Raleigh that Bill and I have for the last 3-4 years for the Greensboro area. Of course I would be available to help as much as possible.

The NCWW charter states that we are an educational organization. While answering questions on the internet is very helpful to many people the actually shop work is much more beneficial to some. If you think NCWW has been a good resource for you then please think about paying it forward by hosting, teaching or helping at these workshops.

Ben325e

New User
Ben
That'd be great, and very generous of you with your time. I've got some spare parts for planes as well as a few frankenplanes in need of a few things, if anyone else is in the same boat perhaps we could get a 'swap' going on.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
We have a what and a where, now we need a when?

Any suggestions for a date to hold a sharpening and handplane workshop at Tom Ferone's shop in Raleigh?

I'd like to make this a teach the teacher workshop as well, so we can get a series started in that area.

I've been thinking of a basic woodwork skills clinic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS