Search results

1. MikeCSmith

Charlotte Woodworking show

I sent an e-mail to "The Woodworking Show" and I was told that Charlotte would not have a woodworking show in 2013. I was also told they plan on coming back to Charlotte during the winter of 2014.
  2. MikeCSmith

4th Annual Charlotte Area NCWW Christmas get together

At first I said I would like to go, now I can't go. I just got word that we will be having out-of-town company in for the weekend; so that cancels me out. My apologizes, I always like meeting and talking with you guys.
  3. MikeCSmith

4th Annual Charlotte Area NCWW Christmas get together

Well, I don't do too much with you guys but I would be willing to get together. Saturday Dec, 15th 12-4 or Dec 18th, I could demonstrate how to use a vadum cleaner :).
  4. MikeCSmith

First sharpening thread

I just can't believe that somebody would pay $40 for a Lee Valley pencil sharpening tool. Better to be spend on a good pocket knife. I just wonder who it is that buys such tools? What's your guess on how many Lee Valley sells a year? Two maybe.
  5. MikeCSmith

Tenative Demo Schedule.

Mike Smith will demonstrate the use of a Japanese Pull saw while making a small puzzle.
  6. MikeCSmith

Klingspor Demo Schedule.

I will be at the show on Friday morning. I don't think I can get there much before 8:30. I am going to talk to people while hand cutting a little "T" puzzle. Like I said before, the demonstration is a big deal, but it allow me time to talk to people about NCWW. When I'm done with the puzzle...
  7. MikeCSmith

How do I edit my own adds.

I have several items out for sale. Some of them have expired but I can't figure out how to edit the price on the add and repost it. I just need a little hint.
  8. MikeCSmith

UPDATED - Extravaganza Volunteers Needed

Re: Extravaganza Volunteers Needed I can do a couple of hours on Friday. Just let me know what hours you want me to do. You can contact me on my regular e-mail if you want or call me. mikececilsmith@carolina.rr.com 704-535-4497
  9. MikeCSmith

Scratches On DeWalt DW735 Planer Base Platen

I had not thought about the thickness guage being affected. I did have a wixey digital scale on my planer and it was a great addition to that planer. I don't think the regular 'ruler' scale is detailed enough for my liking, so I always measured my stock before I got the wixey scale. After...
  10. MikeCSmith

Scratches On DeWalt DW735 Planer Base Platen

I had that same planer and I guess you have the outfeed table extensions. If you do not have the table extensions, then the better option (in my opinion) would be to create your own outfeed table as already suggested. This will give you the added benefit of cutting down on snipe. I think I...
  11. MikeCSmith

I need some HELP!

You are probably not more than 45 minutes from the Charlotte Woodturners. They meet on the 3rd Tuesday of the month and you can get lots of help from them. I'm not much of a Woodturner myself, but I have received lots of help from the Charlotte Woodturners. They meet very close to the...
  12. MikeCSmith

Whats the best way to get rough sawn wood to correct size? Jointer/Planter?

This has been a very interesting post. Just an FYI, I just put a used 8" jointer in the classifieds and I have a used 20" planer for sale also. Both of these items would cost just a little more than the second item you showed. Do the post need to be 10 feet long for your project? No need to...
  13. MikeCSmith

Radial Arm Saw Dust Pick-up

Hey Bill, I had a Craftsman Radial arm saw that had a large funnell type of dust catcher behind the blade. And then this had a vacum hose that connected to the funnell. It actually worked very well and it was a stock item that came with the saw, but I believe you could make one pretty easy.
  14. MikeCSmith

Someone talk me out of buying a Drum Sander

There is a older but quite functional 22/44 Performax drum sander in the classified adds. You should check it out. Personally, I have a 16/32 Performax that I use all the time.
  15. MikeCSmith

116 BF Sapele/$100.00

Consider it sold if you haven't sold it yet. I'll buy it for $110. Mike C. Smith 704-535-4497
  16. MikeCSmith

Shopsmith

I have a used Shopsmith if you decide you want to get one. It belonged to my best friend who passed away last year. It's probably 20 years old but it works just fine. It hasn't been used very much for the past 10 years or so. It only has the table saw as far as attachments go. Just let me...
  17. MikeCSmith

$500 Table saws?

I think there are a lot of good contractor saws out there in the 'used' market for a very inexpensive cost. ($150 or less for a good old contractor saw). You might not be able to get one right away, but I would not thinkk it would take too long to find something. I used a hybrid Ryobi saw...
  18. MikeCSmith

DeWalt DW788 listed on Raleigh CL

This is a great deal for somebody. I have this scrollsaw and it's a very good scrollsaw. Go to the shows and you will see a lot of scrollsawyers using this scrollsaw.
  19. MikeCSmith

Charlotte Area Get Together/Finishing the Finish workshop

I would definately like to be a part of this. I won't know until Tuesday if I'll be in town or not.
  20. MikeCSmith

Table Saw Cross Cut Sled

I have a friend of mine that has a manufactured sled that he will sell for $40. It's made from aluminum and it's made to fit almost any saw. It's a double miter rail sled. I don't know who made it originally, right now it's set up for a powermatic 66. Having a sled is, I think, one of the...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS