UPDATED - Extravaganza Volunteers Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
I am moving the organization to a bunch of more specialized threads. So please post there instead. I am closing this thread, please don't reopen.

Thanks
Steve Coles

We are asking for volunteers to help at he Hickory Klingspor Extravaganza on October 26 & 27. Show hours are 9-6 Friday and 9-4 Saturday. The new NCWW Outreach Trailer will be there both days. I plan to have my lathe & stuff for pen turning as usual, and we'd like to get someone to confirm they could do some scrolling. Alan (chesspy) and Milissa will be doing demos on Saturday. It will be a good opportunity to talk with folks visiting the show about the site and what we do here. It will also be a great chance to get up close & personal with the new Outreach Trailer and all the tools it has been outfitted with. If you think you would enjoy spend a few hours either day chatting with passers by, let us know here. And even if you can't volunteer, we'd love talking with you in person too, so try & come by.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Re: Extravaganza Volunteers Needed

It's on my calendar, but I won't know for sure till it gets closer.

I plan on attending Fri but I cannot get more detailed then that at this point.... I know Saturday is a NO GO for me for sure..... and I know I need to enjoy this show since it is the closest woodworking show we will have for a while since The Woodworking Show is not returning to Charlotte

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member

I will be there on Friday for sure and likely Saturday. I will demo scroll saw or anything else you need done.

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy

I plan on being there, depending on work. I'll man the booth if needed. I'm not much on the demo thing.............

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member

We'd like to see some folks volunteer for demos other than our 'usual' ones of scroll saw & pen turning if they could, but it is also helpful to have someone there that can just talk to people about who we are and what we do. ANY volunteering would be greatly appreciated and we'll try to see you enjoy it as well.

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member

I'll be there on Saturday, and will be bringing the trailer back w/ me. I don't think there is anything I would be good at demonstrating (how to apply a bandaid when you cut yourself :)) but I sure do talk a lot, so put me down for standing around and talking to people.

Bill

JackLeg

New User
Reggie

​Is there a booth and the trailer? Do we need people at BOTH locations?

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member

I'll be there Saturday. I can bring a few stones and sharpen stuff.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member

​Is there a booth and the trailer? Do we need people at BOTH locations?

Reggie, we are hoping to have the trailer in the booth. Sounds crazy but we have the space and Coleman has approved.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member

If I can bring my small 1x30 sander I'll sharpen pocket knives for a $1.00 donation to NCWW. Or would that be OK to do?

bobby g

Bob
Corporate Member

Dennis - My wife Sandra and I will be there on Saturday. She'll be promoting the Nativity Art Show that will be held at our church (Coleman supports this) and talking up NC Woodworker. I could do a panel glue-up demo or a 4-way match veneer prep for a small table. Please let me know your preference. Will I need to bring my own table?

bobby g

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member

Dennis - My wife Sandra and I will be there on Saturday. She'll be promoting the Nativity Art Show that will be held at our church (Coleman supports this) and talking up NC Woodworker. I could do a panel glue-up demo or a 4-way match veneer prep for a small table. Please let me know your preference. Will I need to bring my own table?

bobby g

I can bring tables and I also have a woodworker's bench I usually bring. I would think the veneer match-up would be more interesting, but I'll leave it to your preference. Would AM or PM work better?

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member

If I can bring my small 1x30 sander I'll sharpen pocket knives for a $1.00 donation to NCWW. Or would that be OK to do?

That would be great. I have a few I'd let you sharpen for me at that price. :D

bobby g

Bob
Corporate Member

I can bring tables and I also have a woodworker's bench I usually bring. I would think the veneer match-up would be more interesting, but I'll leave it to your preference. Would AM or PM work better?

Morning is my preference. I'll plan for the veneering prep demo.

bobby g

Charles Lent

Charley
Corporate Member

Dennis,

I'll be there to help where I can on Friday, and maybe Saturday too.

Charley

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member

I can help Saturday opening until ~1:00. Anybody from the Charlotte Metro want to carpool?

Raymond

Raymond
Staff member
Corporate Member

I can be there on Friday (all day if needed).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors