Search results

1. ShortRound84

Building lumber prices really are dropping

That's down ~31% on average across the products you listed - great news!
  2. ShortRound84

Dustopper

I got tired of dealing with the vac and a separate bucket/cyclone, so when I bought a barely used CT26, I started using the disposable filter bags. Works great and they aren't that expensive, plus it takes my ROS/routers/track saw a looooong time to fill up the bag.
  3. ShortRound84

Dustopper

Its still ribbed on the inside but pretty smooth. The cheaper version is not antistatic, but it works great, has a good hose connector that's compatible with the Festool size dust ports, and its flexible unlike some cheaper hoses. Its a good value at $50 compared to the outrageous prices on...
  4. ShortRound84

Dustopper

My dust stopper worked great with a 16 gal "5 hp" Ridgid shop vac and the $50 silver Bosch hose. While cyclones work great, there is an efficiency loss (no free lunches right?) so you need some extra suck, if that makes sense...
  5. ShortRound84

Tools I wish for

Oh yeah, you could make a killing on ports/adapters/bushings. Small, easy to ship, setup 3 or 4 3D printers. Offer them on that Festool forum and SMC. I bet they'd sell like hot cakes.
  6. ShortRound84

Tools I wish for

Yep for sure. But with my limited shop time, I'd rather work on a project versus work on shop improvements. I found a cool replaceable Kapex insert from a small business here. It works great and changes out in a few seconds. Could I make one out of MDF? Sure. I made a few for my last mitre...
  7. ShortRound84

Tools I wish for

No doubt about that. I do think there is a big opportunity for someone to offer add-ons or improvements that addresses some of the issues TVR has laid out. I know I would pay $50-$75 for a magnetic DC attachment with a 4" port and enclosure for the underside of my bandsaw table. The...
  8. ShortRound84

Tools I wish for

Grizzly, Jet, Powermatic, Rikon, Laguna, and all the rest are in the reselling business, not the product development or innovation business. If you read about the origins of SawStop, the inventor tried to sell his technology to the big brands. No one was interested because again - they are not...
  9. ShortRound84

Tools I wish for

Improvements are only half the story - the other half is - How much extra would you pay to have these features/improvements? Many here won't entertain the high price of Festool products. I suspect one of the reasons Festool prices are higher is because they offer a novel design that (often)...
  10. ShortRound84

Festool observation

Just leave the higher amperage cord plugged into your dust extractor. It is also compatible with the lower amperage sanders/Domino etc. I leave my TS-75 cord plugged into the vac. Problem solved. For those that don't like Festool and also don't own any/haven't used them - try some out. The...
  11. ShortRound84

Powermatic tenon Jig-Tenon Jig is sold

Get it Robert. I just picked one up and it is awesome.
  12. ShortRound84

GONE-Lie Nielsen Plane

I replaced my WR flip cap with a LN 60 1/2. Much better size for what I wanted. Not having so much backlash in the plane controls really helps also.
  13. ShortRound84

Powermatic Tenoning Jig PM-TJ SOLD

I’ll take it if it’s still available! PM inbound…
  14. ShortRound84

Festool Kapex Parts For Sale; SOLD

I’ll take the 80t Festool blade if it’s not spoken for.
  15. ShortRound84

Changed my tune

That's a good point Echd. It's why I try to buy everything used. That way if it sucks or wasn't worth it, I can sell the tool for what I bought it for. Time is often the delta for me - can I make a $10 HF plane sing like a LN plane... yes probably. Do I want to spend the hours doing it? No...
  16. ShortRound84

Changed my tune

When I'm learning a new skill, I've found that high quality tools help me focus on the skill, rather than fighting my tools. Speaking from experience, a basket case #5 plane off eBay can certainly be made to perform, but if the blade temper was ruined, the sole isn't flat, the frog slips...
  17. ShortRound84

C-14 guide bearings all failed

My Grizzly bandsaw came with cheap shielded guide bearings as opposed to rubber sealed ones (RS I think). Almost all of the lower shielded guide bearings had seized from saw dust when I purchased it used. I haven't had a problem since I replaced them with cheap RS bearings. For my money, I...
  18. ShortRound84

WTB Drum Sander (20” or more)

Here's the chess boards. Came out ok I think.
  19. ShortRound84

I read through some threads about the delta drum sanders where the belt tracking adjustment was tough to get right and needed to be adjusted each time the machine was used. For me that was a non-starter. Any machine that needs finicky adjustment I tend to stop using. Here's an example of the...
  20. ShortRound84

Hi Bill, When I went through this process, I was told to avoid any older performax or delta models. Go with a recent model by Jet or Supermax if you can find one. I found a great deal (pre pandemic) on a Supermax 25-50 and it is awesome. Belt tracking stays true and leveling the drum to the...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors