Search results

1. macr0w

Loft Bed Plans?

My wife asked me if I could make a "Loft Bed" for our daughter. Of course I said "sure, that should be easy". :D It really shouldn't be very hard and I bet I could just wing it and do okay. Are there any decent plans on the internet for a Loft Bed? I did a search and didn't find much. I...
  2. macr0w

Grain Filler On Wenge?

Hey guys, I am trying to finish this Wenge drum shell I made with Minwax Wipe On Poly. What I am shooting for eventually is a smooth, glass like finish. :D As you may know Wenge has a porous, open, irregular grain. I did about 5 coats on this thing a couple weeks ago and I thought the gloss...
  3. macr0w

Check Out This Padauk

This is some of the best looking Padauk I have seen. These two 10ft boards are book matched. The skinnier one came off the top of the wider one. I am making a be-bop kit out of them. 14"x18" kick drum, 14"x14" floortom and a 8"x12" hi-tom. I have enough scrap left over to make a snare shell...
  4. macr0w

I built a router table

Hey guys, I bought a new router last week because I needed more power and variable speed. Got home with it and figured out that my little Ryobi router table was not going to cut it. So, I built myself a new one. It's not done yet, I still need to build the fence and finish a few odd things...
  5. macr0w

Router Speed VS Bit Diameter?

Is there a rule of thumb for setting your router speed for different bits with different diameters? I know that wide bits don't need to spin at 25000 rpms but is a rule of thumb for this? Thanks :)
  6. macr0w

Carbide Router Bits

Hey guys, How much use should you get out of a carbide router bit before it starts losing it's edge? I have a Whiteside 60* bit that I do my edges with and it doesn't seem to be cutting very well anymore. I have only done 2 edges on 7 drum shells with it and it is just scaring the heck out of...
  7. macr0w

My Craftsman TS Renovation

Hey guys, I am kind of new to woodworking and I am just now "tooling up" a little bit. Let me start by saying that at this point my main interest in woodworking is for making stave drums shells. I am a drummer who like to tinker and thought it would be cool to make my own drums. I made my...
  8. macr0w

New Guy In Charlotte

Hello everyone, I was doing a google search for an upgrade switch for my tablesaw and found this board. I thought I would login and hang around some. I am not a "serious" woodworker but I build drum shells and that has led me to this page. I was born and raised in Charlotte into a family...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS