New Guy In Charlotte

Status
Not open for further replies.

macr0w

New User
macr0w
Hello everyone,

I was doing a google search for an upgrade switch for my tablesaw and found this board.

I thought I would login and hang around some.

I am not a "serious" woodworker but I build drum shells and that has led me to this page.

I was born and raised in Charlotte into a family that has been in Charlotte for many generations.

I have been "tooling up" my little shop a little bit here recently to step up production of my drum shells.

Here is a link to my website to see what I am talking about.

http://www.macdrums.com/

You will probably see me asking some dumb questions from time to time.

I do know how to use the search feature so that will help some.

Thanks, :D

ehpoole

Ethan
Welcome to NCWW and thank you for taking the time to join. You have found a great bunch of fellow woodworkers, all of whom look forward to your questions and contributions, and particularly your photos.

We are honored to have you amongst our rank!

Bryan S

Bryan
Corporate Member
Welcome to our little sawdust pile, glad to have you with us. Please do not be shy, feel free to join in a conversation and ask any question.

macr0w

New User
macr0w
Thanks for the welcome guys.

I have not gotten a new switch for my saw yet.

I am also looking to upgrade my fence system. :)

Raymond

Raymond
Staff member
Corporate Member
Welcome aboard, macr0w. You have come to the right web site. I live in the Derita area of Charlotte.

Frank Berry

New User
Frank
Welcome to the group from another new member. Already got a lot of help from these guys and really appreciate it. They are a great group!
Frank

macr0w

New User
macr0w
Thanks again guys.

I have been trying to soup up my old Craftsman table saw.

I know some of you would cringe but I took the wings off and put them aside for now.

I don't really need the table space for making drum shells.

I just made 3 shells last weekend and didn't use more than 6"-8" of the deck.

I am thinking about getting the Vega U26 fence system and maybe a big paddle switch for it.

I know some of you guys have big nice expensive cabinet saws but this saw is a big upgrade from the one I had before.

It works well for making Staves for drum shells so I am going to just tweak it a little bit.

Plus without the wings it takes up less space in my crowded 16x16 shop. :gar-La;

Attachments

• 20160626_115910[1].jpg
    20160626_115910[1].jpg
    259 KB · Views: 107

Frank Berry

New User
Frank
macr0w, Use what works for you. I had the Craftsman 10" contractor's saw for many years and then finally had to sell it for lack of space when I made a move which did not include a basement or garage. Since moving to this house where I have the full two car garage/shop, I got another contractor's saw from JET this time. I love how it cuts and how I am able to move it around from place to place in garage and out to the garage pad on those real nice days when I am doing a lot of cutting. I was looking at some of the nice fancy cabinet saws yesterday at Klingspor in Raleigh and still love my JET!
Don't fix what isn't broken!

macr0w

New User
macr0w
I got this saw used from a friend and have been cleaning it up some.

I bought a link belt a glue line rip blade and a zero clearance plate.

I modified the fence with a piece of coated MDF.

It didn't move very easily at first.

I cleaned the deck and the fence rails pretty good and lubed the fence with some white lithium grease.

I also took the time to adjust the fence rails some.

#### thing glides across the table now.

I still want a new fence but this will do for now.

I ordered a new paddle switch from Rockler last night.

I am excited. :icon_thum

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
Glad you decided to join us. Don't be afraid of asking questions, there is bank of knowledge here like no place else. Jump in and have fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS