Inlay workshop with Matt Furjanic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Just FYI. I have an electric hot plate in the shop. If someone can bring an iron skillet and the sand, I think we'll have at least one covered. But a couple extra would probably be desirable.

Also, here is the list of those who have said they want to come. Let us know if you've changed your mind.

Mike Davis
Bill Clemmons
Berta
KenOfCary
McRabbet
Campbellcraft
jskroman
gfernandez
BKind2Animals
Willemjm
koslonc
merrill77
bwat
wolfden

<colgroup><col style="mso-width-source:userset;mso-width-alt:3744;width:88pt" width="117"> </colgroup><tbody>
</tbody>

McRabbet

Rob
Corporate Member
I am re-confirming as well and I echo Jim's post (jskroman) that I plan to buy some of Matt's small router bits (and collett adaters) when I attend -- unless he recommends we order ahead of the workshop. I would also like to get some stringing material and some banding if he brings a selection for us. I'm looking forward to the workshop!

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
I will try and remember to bring an iron skillet - don't know about sand. Wouldn't hurt to remind me closer to the event. You know how us old farts get with our memories. I'd hate to remember that I forgot about the time I get to Pittsboro.:dontknow:

gfernandez

New User
Gonzalo
Hi guys,
Hate to cancel at the last minute, but I had a brainfart and didn't put together that my inlaws were coming into town today from arizona. Sorry about that! But I hope someone else can take my spot and have a great time!
Gonzalo

gfernandez

New User
Gonzalo
Make that 2 brainfarts, I'm back in. Sorry about that. That's what I get for trying to multitask as work!
Thanks Mike!

Michael Mathews

Michael
Corporate Member
...and remove me from the "stand-by" list please. I'm working the concession stand at the UNC football game this coming Saturday. I'm earning some $$$ to help pay the band bill for my daughter.
Thanks a bunch!
Michael

I'd like to get on the "stand-by" list for this workshop.
Thanks,
Michael

Last edited:

gfernandez

New User
Gonzalo
I have started another project that I need to work on this weekend and will unfortunately have to cancel. Hopefully someone else can take my place and have a great time.

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
I have started another project that I need to work on this weekend and will unfortunately have to cancel. Hopefully someone else can take my place and have a great time.

Sorry you won't be here, Gonzalo. I was looking forward to meeting you.

For everyone else who is attending, I will send out directions via PM either tomorrow or Thursday.

Bill

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
i would love to learn how to inlay... but kind of hard to attend when i now live in southern il :( any good book recommendations?

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Remind us what all we're supposed to bring. This is a long thread to go all the way back through. But I'm lazy and can't remember stuff anymore. Might just be me.

Think I was bringing two small routers. Not sure if there was anything else. Wood?

Matt Furjanic

Matt
Senior User
Ken, there is a list of stuff on page 3, post #40.
Jeff: Just google "inlay books!" But a good way to start is to go to my website: www.inlaybanding.com. Go to the bottom of the home web page and there are some links to you-tube videos - a good place to start. Matt...

BKind2Anmls

New User
Susan
Matt,
I tried to find post #40 but it is not on my page 3. I couldn't find post #40 anywhere. If you could give us a word to search on I could search the thread for that word and find the post you are talking about.

nn4jw

New User
Jim
As an aside, I couldn't find my old hot plate so I went out to buy a new one today. It practically turned into a quest! After striking out at four stores that carry small kitchen appliances I bit the bullet and went to Walmart. They had one, but not on display and placed on a top shelf. Are hot plates the next banned thing?

If you think you'll ever need one, maybe you should get it now. If you can find one.

Michael Mathews

Michael
Corporate Member
Bill, just checking to make sure you received my PM from my phone earlier today. I won't be able to be there Saturday. Please pass the invite along to the next person in line.
Thanks,
Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS