YouTube Woodworking

MLB3164

New User
Marty
Does anyone watch the woodworking people who post on YouTube for new project ideas? What is your favorite? Also if you do why does the PVA white glue used in some foreign countries look like the icing for cinnamon rolls?

Last edited:

MLB3164

New User
Marty
Sorry I meant “guys” as generic people who post woodworking content on YouTube. Some of my favorites are Jon Peters, Frank’s Workbench, Kobeomsuk Furniture and Thomas Johnson Antique Restoration for repairs.

drw

Donn
Corporate Member
I do browse Youtube on occasion and have copied a few ideas from Guys Woodshop. I also enjoy Doucette and Wolfe, but their work is way out of my league.

BKHam

Bradley
User
youtube has been made worse over the last few years due to the algorithm. instead of mostly seeing what you subscribe to, you see things that YT wants you to see. So the content has gotten more bombastic to get the clicks.

philip morley has been doing technique videos lately, he's brilliant. anybody that does veneer work will like this stuff.
*phil's instagram is awash with awesome inspiration
Wood whisperer is still solid after all these years, good library going back
guy's woodshop seems dead but was pretty good.....everything came out nice 'n square. haha.
stumpy nubs still does really good stuff for tools and some projects / techniques.
-matt cremona in past years has some cool inspirations
-for amazing videos showing craftsmanship, maybe not builds - Doucette and Wolfe

Jerry C

New User
Jerry
Anna White ...You Tube, does a lot home projects....She really does a lot of basic projects but she gives a lot of advice on how to do a project more simply and easy....I think the macho men in us tends to make things more difficult than needed..you can take her simple but well thought out projects ideas and fancify them to make nice items. Her project proportions, and function are excellent but are a more casual style.

Another interesting You Tube woodworker is Tamar of 3X3 Custom. I enjoy her problem solving skills.....I have enjoyed watching her grow her skills and her website.....

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS