Youth Outreach - Thank You

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve_Honeycutt

Chat Administartor
Steve
I would like to thank those involved with the Youth Outreach Event on January 18. 7 kids left this workshop with a greater appreciation of woodworking. Each of the kids made a light saber, bird house, keepsake box, and many fond memories. My daughter, who was stuck there all day with me, also made a spatula (thanks to Mike Davis). Now she wants her own spoke shave.

The volunteers were:

drw (Donn)
Phil S
ScottM
Mike Davis
Golfdad (Dirk)
Berta
Bill Clemmons

A special thanks to Bill Clemmons for allowing us to invade and take over his shop.

At one point, after several light sabers had been completed, there was a raging light saber battle in the parking lot.

I hope some of the pictures that were taken will be posted.

Steve H.

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
Thanks for making this happen. It was a great event.

I have many photos and will get them on the site tonight. Sorry for the delay, life was happening at warp speed yesterday

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
I would like to thank those involved with the Youth Outreach Event on January 18. 7 kids left this workshop with a greater appreciation of woodworking. Each of the kids made a light saber, bird house, keepsake box, and many fond memories. My daughter, who was stuck there all day with me, also made a spatula (thanks to Mike Davis). Now she wants her own spoke shave.

The volunteers were:

drw (Donn)
Phil S
ScottM
Mike Davis
Golfdad (Dirk)
Berta
Bill Clemmons

A special thanks to Bill Clemmons for allowing us to invade and take over his shop.

At one point, after several light sabers had been completed, there was a raging light saber battle in the parking lot.

I hope some of the pictures that were taken will be posted.

Steve H.

I should add that Bill Clemmons lost the light saber battle. :rotflm:

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
I should add that Bill Clemmons lost the light saber battle. :rotflm:

A pack of vicious young females attacked a defensless old man in the parking lot w/ those instruments of death. And all I did was refer to them as boys. :rotflm: I'll be ready for them next time. :wwink:

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
And here is the proof. The photographer had to leave at noon so only the morning session was captured.
DSC04214.JPG

DSC042071.JPG

DSC04173.JPG

DSC04190.JPG

DSC04188.JPG

DSC04189.JPG

DSC04197.JPG

DSC04172.JPG

There are more photos in the gallery under Outreach events/2nd youth event​

drw

Donn
Corporate Member
While we are extending "Thank Yous", a thank you is also directed to Steve (Steve_Honeycutt) for his efforts in organizing our recent youth event. If anyone would like to organize a youth workshop in your specific area please drop me a pm.

Donn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors