worlds oldest tree..

Status
Not open for further replies.

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
I'm excited to read about this old oak tree--I can't wait to show this article to those who believe I must be the oldest living organism on earth.:rotflm::gar-La;:rotflm:

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
I'm excited to read about this old oak tree--I can't wait to show this article to those who believe I must be the oldest living organism on earth.:rotflm::gar-La;:rotflm:

:rotflm::rotflm::rotflm:

That's a cool story. Wish they would've posted a pic. :eusa_doh: Bruce, just in case no one can find a picture of the tree, maybe you could post a picture of yourself so we can at least see the second oldest living organism on Earth. :dontknow:

:rotflm::rotflm::rotflm:

jacon4

New User
jacon4
OK, sees the pic now, you call that a tree? i say it's more of a shrub than a tree.

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE

mkepke

Mark
Senior User
"While it is one of the world's oldest living plants, it is probably not the oldest. That distinction may belong to a quaking aspen in Utah that is thought to be as old as 80,000 years or a holly in Tasmania that may be 43,000 years old."

Mind boggling.

-Mark

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
Thanks for letting me off the hook Trent. Whenever any one of us begins to feel the pressures of this old world, just think how much these ancient trees have endured over the centuries.
search.php
:eusa_thin

truckjohn

New User
John
Yep, definitely a let down when you see the pics..... Weeds and Sticks!

Somehow, I was expecting something large and majestic... not a thicket of itty bitty oak brushy sticks...

Thanks

Dean Maiorano

New User
Dino
I believe that there is a distinction to be made between oldest living 'single' tree and oldest living cloning tree. The best example of the former I believe is still the bristlecone pine species found here in the USA (nearly 5,000 years old). Cloning trees send shoots from an original trunk that grow into trees that are actually part of the original genetically though we see them as distinctly separate trees. Clonal colonies of Aspens are amongst the largest living organisms known.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pando_(tree)

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
"The scientists are talking to local officials about possible measures to protect it." From what... the sawmill :roll:

mkepke

Mark
Senior User
"The scientists are talking to local officials about possible measures to protect it." From what... the sawmill :roll:
Probably from Harry Homeowner and and Donald Developer.

"the Jurupa Oak scrapes by .. atop a small hill in plain sight of suburban backyards"

-Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS