Workshop idea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim Sherwood

Tim
Corporate Member
Would you be interested in a NCWW Workshop to make a US flag display case? I recently took one to the Greensboro lunch meeting ,and had several members suggest this as a project. I'm thinking that we could each complete one in a day , with some advance prep work.

IMG_3698.JPG IMG_3697.JPG

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
As Ken has said, schedule it. Count me in as a potential attendee. Location? Day of Week?

:notworthy:

bluthart

New User
Brian
I would be interested in attending. I have a smaller folded flag from a deployed friend that I would love to frame.

Tim Sherwood

Tim
Corporate Member
Jeff thanks for that reference from the "Rough Cut" tv show. That's a good way to do it. My face frame is a little different. I used rounded inside corners. Yes this is the same case as the "bloodwood bleeds" thread.
When we get a feel for how many members are interested, we'll pick a time and place. We'll put Reggie and Brian at the top of the list.

AllanD

Allan
Corporate Member
That looks nice. I like the splines. Nicer than the one I made from some left over walnut for the flag off my Dad's coffin.

Tim Sherwood

Tim
Corporate Member
I like your walnut case Allan. It is elegant and lets the flag be the focus. Scott and Rich I'm glad you are interested in the workshop.

We will shoot for September 24. Bill Clemens has offered his big shop in Liberty as our location.

Tim Sherwood

Tim
Corporate Member
Thanks Jesse and Ken.

I've been reminded that NCWW has been asking for a donation of $30 for our workshops. That would cover your lunch, and help reduce the need for more fund raising campaigns.

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
Please count me in, depending on the final date. I will happily donate to NCWW for the privilege.

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
I have a tenoning jig if you or bill doesn't that I can bring if needed.

Thanks Ken. If Tim decides to hold the workshop here, I have a tenoning jig we can use. I might also go ahead and make a jig for doing splined miters on the TS. I've only been meaning to for about 20 years. :gar-Bi

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member
Tim, thanks for doing this. The donation requested workshops are seriously helping to reduce the amount of fund drives we need to hold. Since you're holding this event at Bill's shop, I can't think of a single thing you might need from the trailer. If you want or need anything, please let me know.

jazzflute

Kevin
Corporate Member
Thanks Ken. If Tim decides to hold the workshop here, I have a tenoning jig we can use. I might also go ahead and make a jig for doing splined miters on the TS. I've only been meaning to for about 20 years. :gar-Bi

Well, don't go rushing headlong into that; be sure you think it through first...

K

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors