Woodworking Estate Sale Sanford

Status
Not open for further replies.

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
Only problem is they want $7,995 for everything and they will NOT separate. Too bad I would bid on the scroll saw.

Doug

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Yeah, and it's a bit too much of an investment for me to buy it as a lot and then sell off the pieces.

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
Does the math really work? There are a lot of big tools that I really don't know the value of, but there are 19 used tools plus misc stuff. The 4 Woodtek items are probably only worth $500 total (correct me if I am wrong), the 4 Crafstman items maybe a little more, the Ryobi sander next to nothing, throw in the Delta pieces, the 13" Griz planer and the DeWalt saw and we are *maybe* closing on 2K. Are the remaining things really worth $6K? Or am I way off base here?

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
Lets see

Woodtek Router - $200?
Woodtek Belt Sander 1” - $50
Woodtek Electric Wood Chisel with stand - $150
Woodtek Planer - $250
Grizzly 24” Drum Sander Planer - $1200
Grizzly Power Feeder - depends on model, but say $300
Grizzly 4 speed Power Feeder - again depends on model but say $300
Grizzly 13” Planer/molder - $400
Craftsman Joint Planer 6 1/8” - $250
Craftsman Belt & Disc Sander - $200
Craftsman 12” Band saw - $150
Craftsman 12” Wood Lathe - $150
Craftsman 10” Radial Saw - $150
Delta Drill Press - $150
Delta Table saw 10” Tilting arbor saw - say $750
Dewalt 12” Chop Saw - $175
Hegner Multimax Scroll Saw w/large magnifying glass - not a clue
Ryobi Oscillating Sander - $100
Matchmaker Press - $250

I agree. A bit rich for my blood.

CarvedTones

Andy
That is a nice scroll saw - that one I know is over a grand new, so somewhere south of that used. The router I guessed lower on and I was probably off base on the TS, but the numbers still don't add up. On top of that, I would expect a package price that was less than the sum of individual values.

zapdafish

Steve
Corporate Member
also depends on how large that large pile of wood is.

btw, whats a matchmaker press, googled it and got alot of matchmaking services, hehe.

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
also depends on how large that large pile of wood is.

btw, whats a matchmaker press, googled it and got alot of matchmaking services, hehe.

I think it is a jig system sold by Woodworkers Supply. You can get different templates for it to do different styles of joints. It will do dovetails, mortise and tenons, half moons, and a bunch of others IIRC.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
The Hegner and lamp sells for about $1,350 new so used I would guess $750 - $900. It still does not add up in my book.

Outa Square

New User
Al
I would keep an eye on that and maybe visit to look at the stuff if i was close. Its been my experience that the right person who will offer $$$$ for the whole lot, will not come along. It's probable a heir that's been told that it's worth that and they want to get maximum dollar. As it sets they'll relize that it isn't worth that and they'll sell it peice by piece.

So go look.

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
I would keep an eye on that and maybe visit to look at the stuff if i was close. Its been my experience that the right person who will offer $$$$ for the whole lot, will not come along. It's probable a heir that's been told that it's worth that and they want to get maximum dollar. As it sets they'll relize that it isn't worth that and they'll sell it peice by piece.

So go look.

I agree Al, a little while ago some one posted a complete shop estate sale for $4995 and it sat for around two months, then someone bought it and sold it for pieces, I talked to the guy that purchased the whole set and he said that he paid $2500 for the lot. And I bet when he was done on Craigslist he barely got his investment back.

Jimmy:mrgreen:

ps. it never hurts to take a look and throw in a lowball price, or at least give the guy your number so that you get first dibs later.

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
I'm wondering if the woodtek router is actually a shaper. Why else would you want/need a power feeder, or two of them?

CarvedTones

Andy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS