Woodworker II on Amazon

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Oh so tempting. I picked one up the last time they ran them at this price. It would be nice to have two so I can send one off to be resharpened. But I did just buy several blades from Leitz tooling, and how many blades does a guy need :roll:

Dave:)

sawman

New User
Albert
Thanks, I will have a talk with CFO to see if we can afford a new toy.
As to DaveO's question, you must have more blades than routers, ie >42.

Later,
Albert :saw:

fergy

New User
Fergy
I've sworn off Forrest blades ever since I had one lose 4 teeth in the first cut I made with it. Are you guys really that fond of these?

MikeF

New User
Mike
I've sworn off Forrest blades ever since I had one lose 4 teeth in the first cut I made with it. Are you guys really that fond of these?

The best saw blade I ever owned, without a doubt. I think it was McRabbet that recommended it to me originally.

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
I have 3 of them. I also have Freud, Felder, and Guhdo blades. I would say they are all good quality blades.

cubicdissection

New User
Eric
I use their Duraline 80t for crosscutting, best I've found. Scary sharp from the factory, and holds an edge even with exotics. Have 4 of them, one for each saw and an extra set to send off for sharpening. I stick with Freud for their 24t rip blade and usually just toss them after one local sharpening.

Bought one of these WWII "combo" blades a couple years back and found that it neither rips nor crosscuts as good as even an inferior dedicated blade. Now I use it to cut MDF and acrylic...does that just fine :)

fergy

New User
Fergy
The blade I had the issues with was actually one of their $200 plastic blades for cutting acrylic. Not only did it lose the teeth, but the cut wasn't as good as the $40 TCG blade I bought from a local saw shop.

FuzzWuzz16

New User
Jim Fossler
Fergy,
Sorry you had the problem with the blade.
It surprises me.
I've had one on my RAS for more than 10 years and it has been superb.
Jim

cubicdissection

New User
Eric
The blade I had the issues with was actually one of their $200 plastic blades for cutting acrylic. Not only did it lose the teeth, but the cut wasn't as good as the $40 TCG blade I bought from a local saw shop.

Huh. Did you contact the factory and give them a chance to make things right? They've always been very stand up with me in their dealings.

M

McRabbet

The best saw blade I ever owned, without a doubt. I think it was McRabbet that recommended it to me originally.
Yep -- I still have mine and love it, too. Wish I could take advantage of this price, but like DaveO, I've got several of the good 60-tooth Delta blades from Leitz Tooling to ruin first (I've used one for several hundred cuts and it is still good and sharp).

fergy

New User
Fergy
Huh. Did you contact the factory and give them a chance to make things right? They've always been very stand up with me in their dealings.

I actually did contact them, and they weren't very helpful. I wound up getting the distributor to take it back and refund me, however.

This was right after a "tablesaw/acrylic/hospital" incident, so I was a little gun shy at the time. The missing teeth concerned me as I didn't know where they went, but I was glad it wasn't into my face.

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
So how do these compare to the, I think Delta blades that sold here by a guy on this site about 5-6 months ago for $10-$15 dollars?

I haven't bought one blade over $10. My first one came with the saw and love it so far.

Thanks,

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
Honestly, your mileage may vary. Higher quality steel plate, harder carbide, and sharpening to a much finer grit should give you a much cleaner cut and a blade that stays sharp longer. You might get lucky with a low cost blade, and then again, you might not.

If you have never used a high quality blade regardless if it is Forrest, Freud, CMT, Ridge Carbide, or Guhdo to name a few, I would suggest you try one. There is a difference.

So how do these compare to the, I think Delta blades that sold here by a guy on this site about 5-6 months ago for $10-$15 dollars?

I haven't bought one blade over $10. My first one came with the saw and love it so far.

Thanks,

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I have been very impressed with the ~$10 Leitz/Delta blades I got from xcesstooling a while back. They cut as well as my WWII. But that deal is hit and miss, you can't get exactly what you want and when you want it, just what he has available and when he has them available. But if it comes around again I wouldn't hesitate to pick up a few more. Mike is very helpful and easy to deal with.

Dave:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS