Woodguy's Disease at it's Finest

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodguy1975

New User
John
So... I teased some of you that I had just purchased bandaw number 5. Well here are the arrival pics. It's a 16" Walker Turner Wood/Metal Bandsaw. It has a gearbox and step pulleys for a wide range of speeds.

normal_Arrival.jpg

normal_Sawarrival2.jpg

normal_Topwheel.jpg

normal_WT-Logo.jpg

It is another restoration project for me when I get the next itch to do some wire wheeling and dirty work. I do enjoy the restoration work so I had to find another project for my next itch of course.... I just think these are cool looking saws!!!!

Did I need it....... ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!!!!!!!!

Did I WANT it........ TOTALLY!!!!!!!!!

Proving every day why it's Woodguy's Disease!!!!!!!!!!!

John

DaveO

New User
DaveO
There's no Shaking Head smilie, otherwise I'd be using it. You got it bad, real bad. Your shop will soon be a old bandsaw museum :lol:

Dave:)

T

toolferone

The only problem I see is it is to small for you!! But you did need a BS that cut metal, right?

woodguy1975

New User
John
The only problem I see is it is to small for you!! But you did need a bandsaw that cut metal, right?

LOL... that's right!!! The justification was there after all. :) Of course the Moak will slow down to 200 ft/min. too now. :eusa_whis:eusa_whis:eusa_whis

clowman

Clay Lowman
Geez, John.. that little thing is an embarassment! It'll look like a benchtop model next to the moak.
Where are you gonna put that one?

ChrisMathes

New User
Chris Mathes
K, John...I'm letting your secret out. That one's for your carry on bag next time you go to China, isn't it~!?!?! I figured this last trip was hard on you, but geeze :rotflm:

Chris

PurpleThumb

New User
Jerry
This blank space is a picture of me shaking my head!!!

OK now the shop addition needs to be 34' x 30'. The next

purchase may push the size too much for your

existing location. Could we look for land a little closer

to the interstate?

woodguy1975

New User
John
4 bandsaws ?

Shhh. Until you pick up the Rikon I can count it as the 5th. :lol: :lol:

I will be back down to 4 after John picks up the Rikon. I'm here through this weekend if you want to get it. :) Otherwise you'll have to wait until June. It is ready to go.

John

John Reeves

John Reeves
Corporate Member
I think I might want to come and get it. Let me check with LOML.

BTW, I ordered some stuff from Highland. Got to know Jeff.

sapwood

New User
Roger
Restore 8-O
It looks to be in fine condition. I don't think you need to add a 3-phase motor :lol:

Thanks for keeping the Woodguy [strike]Spirit[/strike] Disease alive :mrgreen:

Roger

cpowell

New User
Chuck
Wow! That's all I can think of...wow!

That looks like a real beauty, John. :eusa_danc :eusa_danc Form and function. Can't wait to see it after you've worked your magic!

Chuck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS