Woodcraft V groove T & G router bit

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
For my Tea House project I picked up one of these bits.

TGbit001.jpg

It was the only one of it's kind available locally. I really wanted a Freud seeing it was being bought on the bosses buck, but I couldn't wait to order one. The Woodcraft bit cost about half as much as the Freud bit, and I expected about as much out of it.
Well I was pleasently surprised at how well it worked, and it's design and sharpness. I ran 360 l.f. of W. Red Cedar accross it today and it cut like butter, left a very smooth finish and best of all perfectly fitting joints. The stock I was using was straight from the supplier, 3/4" x 6" rough on one side so there was a lot of inconsitancy, but all my joints lined up great.

GGtableandteahouse019.jpg

GGtableandteahouse018.jpg

I recommend the Woodcraft bit.
Dave:)

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
So DaveO,

Are those the walls or floor of the Tea House? Just curious.

Wayne

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Wayne, those are half of the walls, the lower half.
Earl, yes my boss authorized the bit purchase and told me to "just keep it":-D

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Never been to the Home Show.

I may try and talk the LOML into going! Just to see your work 1st hand!!! (Also. I can further convince her what an inventory of good tools can turn out! Well .... maybe when I learn a little more from guys like you and the other talents here at NCWW.)

If I make it, can I have your autograph?

Wayne

DaveO

New User
DaveO
:rolf: :rolf: :rolf: if you want it..sure

The Home Show is a nice thing to do on a weekend day. There are a lot of things to see from home improvement, to decorating, to landscaping. Also going on at the same time is the weekly flea market, and there is a great tool dealer there, plus you never know what you might find like old planes etc. I hope you can make it out, and take advantage of our free passes by going to the show office and telling them that you are a guest of Down to Earth Landscapes.

erasmussen

New User
RAS
DaveO said:
:rolf: :rolf: :rolf: if you want it..sure

The Home Show is a nice thing to do on a weekend day. There are a lot of things to see from home improvement, to decorating, to landscaping. Also going on at the same time is the weekly flea market, and there is a great tool dealer there, plus you never know what you might find like old planes etc. I hope you can make it out, and take advantage of our free passes by going to the show office and telling them that you are a guest of Down to Earth Landscapes.

What day does the home show start and end, maybe I could talk the wife into going on a weekday, If i promise to take her to waraji afterwords:lol:

DaveO

New User
DaveO
It starts this Friday (4/7) 12 - 9:00, Saturday 9-9:00 (the day I'll most likely be there all day) and Sunday 9-6:00 (I'll be there the first half of the day.
Friday is often called senior citizens day, because they are the only ones who can come out on a weekday :-D :-D :-D

Steve D

Steve DeWeese
Let the beatings commence!:rolf: :rolf: :rolf: :rolf: :rolf:

DaveO said:
Friday is often called senior citizens day, because they are the only ones who can come out on a weekday :-D :-D :-D

erasmussen

New User
RAS
DaveO said:
Is that a good place to eat? Japanese, Chinese or general Oriential fare?

Authentic Japanese.
All the food is great IMHO, but of course my taste may not be your arvage.
The best sushi in NC.:icon_thum

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Dave, those T&G joints came out great. I am glad the WC router bit worked out for you. If I get a chance I might try to come up to the show on Saturday. I would love to see your tea house once it is set up.

D L

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
Can't go...:cry: LOML just reminded me that her entire family will be in town this weekend for my MIL's 70th birthday!

DaveO

New User
DaveO
NCPete said:
Can't go...:cry: LOML just reminded me that her entire family will be in town this weekend for my MIL's 70th birthday!

That's all the more reason to go..run away, run away fast :lol: :lol: Unfortunately if you do, you can't ever return :BangHead:

sapwood

New User
Roger
DaveO,
Generous of you to offer the tixs. I've been to the show several times and it's well worth the visit. There's a tremdous variety of stuff: landscape, decks, doors & windows, kitchens and cabinets, heating and ACs, pools and spas, contractors and designers, AND the flea market. So be prepared to spend a few hours. Also lot of the stuff is indoors so bad weather isn't much of a problem.

Thanks again DaveO,
Sapwood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors