Wood WORK

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
My shop just got smaller :eusa_doh: As many of y'all might know I was the lucky recipient of the 100 BF of Ash lumber generously donated by Jack (saw4you) in the recent raffle. It was most graciously delivered by FredP, chaperoned by Duster. The stock was 12+' long and there was no way I was going to fit it in my truck. So I bribed Fred with the promise of "farm" fresh free range eggs and a shop tour if he could bring to me.
Well on the trip down south this morning it of course rained, and the lumber was only air-dried so I thought it would be best to stack-n-sticker it to finish drying in my shop. Again there was no way I could store 12+' long stock in my ever shrinking shop so I decided that I would cut in half. It took quite a bit of mental wrasslin' to decide on 6+' pieces or 8' & 4' pieces. I went 6' for a tidier stack and less sticker use. Which I guarantee will doom me to wanting to make something over 6' long with it :eusa_doh::eusa_doh:. I had some scrap WRC stock that I cross cut to length and ripped in half on the BS to make my stickers...all 50 of them. Then I proceeded to stack my pile. That's a lot of work :swoon:

Well here is my much smaller shop and much greater wood collection -

Wood_WORK_001.jpg

Wood_WORK_002.jpg

That Ash joins about 250 BF more of QSRO, QSWO, Walnut, Cypress, and a little Beech and Maple.
Lots of wood, little room to work the wood...could be worse :cool:

Dave:)

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
Ummmm, Dave, I find it hard to feel sorry for you, big guy.

Let's see, poor Dave. He has all that beautiful wood and not enough room to work it.:nah:

Poor Dave. He has completely filled his shop with lumber and has to get rid of some elves 'cause he needs more space.:no:

Nope, I'm just not feelin' it buddy. Sorry:gar-La;

(nice haul)

farmerbw

Brian
Corporate Member
Congrats on the wood haul. :icon_thum Looks like quite a bit of work to get it in but it looks like you've still got "plenty" of room for the elves to work in!:rotflm:

Brian.

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
I've gotta say Dave, after the new (larger) equiptment and all of the new wood acquisitions, the shop looks really clean Bro'.:icon_thum

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Nice addition there Dave! Whatcha gonna make with all of it???

:dontknow::dontknow: I got a couple of months to figure that out. My wife wants some new bedroom furniture. She asked does Ash take paint well? No Dear, it will just fall right off :eusa_doh::eusa_doh:

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I've gotta say Dave, after the new (larger) equiptment and all of the new wood acquisitions, the shop looks really clean Bro'.:icon_thum

Well of course I had to tiddy up a bit before taking the pictures. Fred and Duster will attest to it not being as clean when they arrived.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Oh, Dave. Cry me a river. :cry_smile You've got tons of free space! Look at all of that! :rotflm:
aaa.JPG

I can't cover the Peach paint stains. Folks travel from far and around to see them. Also that's where I sleep when I get in trouble for buying more wood :gar-La;

cpowell

New User
Chuck
Nice problem to have, huh? :gar-Bi

I've used 8 foot lengths for several years because that's the length of my rack. I end up wasting stock since I rarely need much over 64-68 inches long.

Chuck

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Ash is a pleasure to work with. I love the way it takes your favorite triple mixture of finish. Glad you got it Dave.

NCTurner

Gary
Corporate Member
:eusa_booh:eusa_booh:eusa_booh:eusa_booh:eusa_booh:eusa_booh:eusa_booh:eusa_booh:eusa_booh:eusa_booh:eusa_booh:eusa_booh

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
If I had known it was going to be a problem I could have stole half of it before delivery.:eusa_thin hmmmm.... guess I'm not as fast on my feet as I used to be.:rotflm: all my great ideas seem to come right after its too late!:gar-Cr had a great visit.:icon_thum I'm sure you will do that wood justice.
BTW them eggs was delissiouss!

boxxmaker

New User
Ken
Hey Dave O ole boy,been readin those insencitive responses :kamahlituWell my friend I am here to help you out.I be more than happy to bring my little trailor over there an bring home a load and store it for you AT NO CHARGE :gar-Bi after all,what are friends for. :gar-La;

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Come on Dave! You have more open space than I have space. You could squeeze in at least two more stacks of wood, besides you'll use it up in no time and be looking for more.

So, get to work and don't forget the photos! :icon_thum

Keye

Keye
Corporate Member
:dontknow::dontknow: I got a couple of months to figure that out. My wife wants some new bedroom furniture. She asked does Ash take paint well? No Dear, it will just fall right off :eusa_doh::eusa_doh:

You may end up like me and decide that painting ash is not such a bad idea. I have made two large vanities out of ash. My wife wanted them dark so out came the stain. Everything was going great until I started with the finish. The grain is so wide and deep it is giving me fits. The vanities have been sitting there for weeks waiting for me to have an epiphany on what to do.

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
Dave you got plenty of room in that shop - you should see mine I have atleast 10,000 BF stacked in and around the shop - it's a mess I can't even find the panel box anymore and I'm not as brave as you, I'm not snapping any pics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS