Wood Handbook

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wildwood

New User
Wildwood
If you have questions about wood, have two sites on the web that might interest you. While the first strictly deals with "Wood Handbook: Wood as an engineering material.
It’s best to read those only chapters that interest you vice downloading the whole thing. The chapter or files are in pdf format.

The second site is Woodweb’s knowledgebase area. Linked the same Wood Handbook, but they have several other articles in both pdf and html format you can read.

Have Adobe Reader on my desktop, so just have to click on the pdf file or article in pdf format and it’s a short wait to read. Some folks use their word processor to read pdf format articles/files. You can also download Adobe Reader free and just keep it on your desktop.

Forest Products Laboratory -- Forest Service -- USDA

http://www.woodweb.com/knowledge_base/Wood_handbook.html

Last edited:

Toddler

New User
Todd
That's awsome, thanks. I just ordered "Understanding Wood", but I also printed the first 4 chapters of this and will print a little more each day to put in a loose leaf binder.

Thank you!
Todd

M

McRabbet

This is a good reference on wood properties. I just added it to the Link Library under "Woodworking Reference". Thanks for the info, Wildwood.

Rob

Wildwood

New User
Wildwood
Glad you guys like and found the information useful. Wish could say know all that information off the top of my head, but of course don't. So refer back to this site from time to time for information.

Robert Arrowood

New User
Robert Arrowood
Thats cool I really like the one from USDA.I'm the costodial supervisor at the USDA in Gastonia.I'm going to check and see if I can get a hard copy through them.:eusa_danc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors