Wine Rack Cabinet Plan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
I have another daughter who would like a wine cabinet. Here is where I am lookin' for a wee bit of help. I have been looking for a plan and have come up empty. She is lookin' for something with storage for the cork screws etc. (a drawer), her wine glasses and of course about a dozen bottles of wine. Woody (NCWWKing) posted something similar to what I am looking for awhile back - http://www.ncwoodworker.net/forums/showthread.php?t=6004&highlight=wine+cabinet.

Anyone out there know where I can find something similar?

Thanks,

Wayne

WoodWrangler

Jeremy
Senior User
That plan is in the WOOD magazine, about a year ago. Let me see what I can find tomorrow.

If my memory serves me right, it's in the same issue with the Tongue Drum that so many of us made.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Thanks all!!!

I think that I may have that Wood mag. issue. I will look it up!

DaveO. I printed out the David Mark's version too!

Thanks for steering me in the right direction!:eusa_clap

Wayne

Art Stratemeyer

New User
Art Stratemeyer
Hi Wayne,

As one who makes his living oriented around wine cellars and wine furniture .. one suggestion.

You might consider perhaps a glass doored area for the wine glasses.

There are a couple of issues with the "hanging" wine glass holers.

1. There are a lot of varying sized wine glasses. Ranging from standard ones to champagnes to large bowl burgundy glasses. The "hanging" method does not allow for the freedom of varying sized glass storage. Also you can store more glasses in a shelved case than in the hanging one.

2. Dirt / Dust ... the glasses will attract dust and films just from house hold air.

Anyway ... that's from a wine "geeks" perspective

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
Thanks Art, for your input on that. My mother just bought a house in Florida, and I will be building something for wine storage for her. I had not considered how to handle the glasses.

BobN

New User
Bob
Wayne,

Here's a couple pictures of one I built for a lady in Durham. If your interested I can let you have the few plans or drawings that I have.

Bob

Attachments

• P8270028 (1144 x 856).jpg
    P8270028 (1144 x 856).jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 172
  • P8270031 (755 x 565).jpg
    P8270031 (755 x 565).jpg
    92 KB · Views: 185

sapwood

New User
Roger
:eusa_thin Minor hijack here Wayne, ok?

Since wine bottles come in varying sizes, what size and depth of opening accommodates the general range of bottles (excluding the extremes)???

Roger

Art Stratemeyer

New User
Art Stratemeyer
Hi Roger,

A 13" depth is a good depth.

As for openings ... if you allow 3.75 to 4 inches you'll cover standard bottles, champagnes and some magnums

sapwood

New User
Roger
Hi Roger,

A 13" depth is a good depth.

As for openings ... if you allow 3.75 to 4 inches you'll cover standard bottles, champagnes and some magnums

Thanks Art! You can't imagine how long I pondered that question when I made a small open framed rack :BangHead:

Roger

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
:eusa_thin Minor hijack here Wayne, ok?

Since wine bottles come in varying sizes, what size and depth of opening accommodates the general range of bottles (excluding the extremes)???

Roger

No problem, Roger!!! I too was wondering about bottle length and diameters?

There seem's to be plenty of good information here for me to ponder as I decide on a design!

Thanks to everyone who has responded!

Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS