Why waste your time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobS.

Robert Slone
Senior User
I'm always amazed at the ads on CL that completely lack information about the item they're trying to sell. I've seen plenty of ads for power tools that don't even give you the name brand much less any other details. EX: " 6" jointer for sale - this belonged to my dad and we need to sell it" -no other details.
Makes you wonder about the seller doesn't it? Even if I were interested I believe I'd look elsewhere.

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
Doesn't make a lot of sense. There was an ad on craigslist for a brand new Bosch miter saw that they said was half off retail. Retail was $800 according to listing and they were asking $400. They included a link to a seller that had the saw for $430.....

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
I remember a guy on ebay from Canada that sold router tables he made. He included a link to his website and you could see right there what the unit would cost directly from him in a non-auction.

People still bid higher than his normal selling price!

Moral: Buyers and sellers can both be doofuses!

Mt. Gomer

New User
Travis
I post ads like this when my wife tells me to get rid of something I'd really rather keep.

"I posted it on CL Honey, several times! I have absolutley no idea why I'm not getting any interest! Maybe it's just not a good time, I guess we should hold on to it a while...."

Trav

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
I do not trust sellers who do not provide details about the tools. Sometimes you may find a gem of a deal, but rarely can you trust the seller's opinion on the state of said tools.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS