Why aren't you a Corporate Member

Status
Not open for further replies.

toolman

New User
Chad
Steve-
Interestingly enough, I intentionally never opted in to corporate membership but some time ago (I think it was right after you were having server problems and the site was down for several days), I noticed that I have "Corporate Member" next to my name. I'm not sure how that happened. I intentionally never opted in because I don't consider myself an "active" member or woodworker and my thought has always been to let the active members make the decisions on how to run NCWW. While I may log onto the site nearly every day, the reason for that is I spend a lot of time at work in front of a computer and sometimes I just wander over to NCWW as a break. I enjoy reading many of the threads and seeing others' projects. I have 2 kids and my free time is consumed with their activities leaving very little time for woodworking (my recent boat purchase hasn't helped much either). I'm not complaining about the lack of free time (although I am envious when I see how many woodworking projects some members are able to complete). I know my kids will be grown up before I know it and moving out of the house. I'm just trying to spend as much time with them as I can while they are young.

Christopher, I haven't done any real woodworking in 18 months:gar-Bi

As far as being an active member, you have been coming to this site since the beginning. You are user #19 and you registered 2 days after I opened the site. I promise, if anyone deserves to be a Corporate Member it is you.

The only woodworking tools and equipment I can get to, is my table saw.. But I would have to spend 30 min. cleaning all the junk off of it.. :eek:
I believe Steve said it best!!!

:thumbs_up:thumbs_up:thumbs_up:thumbs_up:thumbs_up

crokett

New User
David
What is a corporate member and why should I opt in? I haven't been here in quite a while and didn't realize there was an option.

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
As a corporate member David, you may participate in the board member elections, and run for the board. At work I can't ink to the articles Steve mentioned, but read the links in the posts above yours for more information.

Tim Sherwood

Tim
Corporate Member
Steve ,I was confused for a while about the term "corporate member". I thought you were looking for "corporations" to become supporting sponsors. If the term had been something like "voting member", I would have looked into the option a little quicker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS