Whole fryers $0.29 per pound

Status
Not open for further replies.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Earlier this evening, I was in the Kroger located at the intersection of US 64, and Lake Pine, in Apex. They were supposed to have whole fryers for $0.49 a pound, but someone over ordered. I mean they WAY OVER ORDERED, by several hundred cases. Tomorrow's truck is rumored to have more on it. They are selling whole fryers for $0.29 a pound, with no limit. Sounds like it's time to fire up the old grill.

T

toolferone

Cook out at Bruce's house this weekend! I hear chicken is on the menu.

Thanks for the heads up. Bruce.

J

jeff...

Cool - a cookout at Bruce's house this weekend give us directions :eek:ccasion1

DaveO

New User
DaveO
That's some cheap chicken..cheep, cheep.
And to think I have over $300 invested in my chicken farming "adventure" and have only got a dozen eggs out of it so far :eusa_doh::5dunce:

Dave:)

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Cook out at Bruce's house this weekend! I hear chicken is on the menu.

Thanks for the heads up. Bruce.
Actually, Tom I will be doing a cook out tomorrow, only it's not at my place. I'm also a member of the Gardeners of Wake County. We have our annual azalea sale this week end at the State Fairgrounds. Since I can't go out during the week and help set up, I cook hot dogs for lunch. Got the hot dog chili in the crock pot right now. I did get my ice maker set up this week at the fairgrounds, so they could have plenty of ice. Not every body owns a 400 pound a day ice maker, but somehow I do.

FIVEBYFIVE

New User
MICHAEL
sounds like a deal. things cost more around where i live, havent seen a kroger in years. ya still got Roses and Sky City....I still have tackle with a lows sticker.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
OOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHH MY Bruce!!!!

Told the LOML about this deal this morning and guess what. She came home this afternoon with SIX frier's!!!!

I guess this old Canuck is goin' to eat chicken for the next two weeks!:roll:

Thanks for the tip! (I guess maybe I can have the savings go toward the :tool:fund!!!:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc)

Now. How many ways can you prepare a frier for good eats???

Thanks again!

Wayne

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
Canuck; Now. How many ways can you prepare a frier for good eats??? Wayne[/quote said:
As many ways as you want, as long as they're fried.:lol:

MMMMMMMM !Fried Chicken.:-D

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Now. How many ways can you prepare a frier for good eats???

Thanks again!

Wayne[/quote]It doesn't matter how you fix them, they are still going to taste like chicken. My neighbor went today and bought a dozen of them. The total bill was under $7.00.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Dare we ask why you have a 400 pound/day ice maker?
Cause I want one. Some want 12" jointer, or 20" planer, but I wanted an ice maker. My wife and I assist a ministry called "Campers on a Mission." (We do our camping at the Holiday Inn.) They minister to the workers at many of the fairs. At the State Fair, they can no longer have a vehicle on the fair grounds during the day. To get ice, they took golf cart to parking lot, loaded up the van, went to local church, and got ice. Getting back was a reverse of the above, except with full ice chests. This had to be done a couple times a day. It was a real burden. I had been watching at State surplus for an ice maker that could be fixed. My neighbor teaches HVAC and refrigeration at local community college. He volunteered to fix one as alive project, with me furnishing ice maker and parts. Last summer, I bid on and got one. Brought it home, hooked it up and it WORKED! One of the members of my garden club works with Services for the Blind. (They run snack bars on state property.) When he saw ice maker, he told me that they had remodeled a snack bar and put in a new ice makers as part of the remodel. Prayers answered. So that is why I have a 400 pound a day ice maker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS