Who is a member of NCWW?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
LTurner said:
Steve
I do appreciate your hard work. Like others have said I do not post a lot but I read. In fact I joined to learn from the masters. I do woodworking as a hobby in my brief spare time. I do enjoy it and I like getting discounts. The few times I have asked a question I have gotten good responses. I do not consider myself a cherry picker but I also do not consider myself a master ww and that keeps me from posting or adding pictures of things. I have enjoyed reading and gathering information but if your desire is to keep less qualified people likr myself off the forum I guess there are other forums that I can visit and learn from.

Larry and others, Just what did your read in this thread written by me. that gives you that impression.? Please respond, becuase I am completely confused.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
DaveO said:
That is not the desire nor intention of what Steve is trying to do. If it was that would exclude half of the membership, including me. He is trying to define membership so that special privileges and benefits can be extended to members only and the next guy who just walked through the door.
Just because you feel that you are not a master woodworker should not keep you from posting. You may not have all the answers, but you may have questions. And your question might be the same one that some one else has and is hesitant to ask. Also I am sure that you have made something that you are proud of, we would like to see it. That just might inspire some one else new to try a similar project upon seeing your success.
Dave:)
And even if you don't post, I don't care. Just so long as you visit.

LTurner

New User
Larry Turner
Steve
It just seems that to be qualified as an active member you have to post or contribute pictures or something. I may be reading the whole thing wrong.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
LTurner said:
Steve
It just seems that to be qualified as an active member you have to post or contribute pictures or something. I may be reading the whole thing wrong.
It doesn't say that anywhere. My first post said that I was considering a way to determine who was an active member and shared my thoughts as I could quantify that.

I also said that the "active member" designation was for purposes of determining who might be eligible for special offers from entities who wish to offer savings to our "active members" Nowhere did it say anything about restricting access to the site.

In later posts, I repeatedly stated that post count would have little, if anything, to do with maintaining eligibility for the discounts or special offers, let alone restricting access.

LTurner

New User
Larry Turner
Thank you for clarifying that. I was not upset and I am glad to be a member and again I appreciate the hard work you do in keeping the site going.

J

jeff...

Steve, You got a fine line to walk, don't envy you!, Seems you've given it much thought and have a solid plan, you've considered the "no one left behind" idea and tried to meet it. That done, I would now like to encourage you to adopt the idea "how wrong can I be" and implement your thoughts. Your always free to go back and revisit it at anytime and make adjustments, make it better. There's nothing in this world that's perfect. Holes can be poked in any idea/plan made, shoot for the 80/20 rule and I'll think you'll do very well... Whats the old saying "you can't please all the people all the time"? Well without a doubt that's true!

I can clearly see your intent here and am nodding up and down... for what it's worth.

Thanks and keep up the great work. In the short amount of time I've been a active member here, I see and appreciate every change made. I don't always see the immediate benefit, but the truth is, the site just keeps improving. It's clear you strive for excellence and it's greatly appreciated.

Go Team !!! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS