Which Lumber Store ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

owen299

Dan Bowen
User
Want to pick up a little exotic hard woods (different colors) for segmented turnings. Don't realy need a large quantity just something a little different.
East Wake in Zebulon and the Hardwood Store in Gibsonville are about the same distance away (approx 55 miles). Are there any pro's or con's for either store. Off all week and a road trip should kill some time. Any help or incite would by a great help:help: or I'll just flip a coin.

J

jeff...

To choose one... would be saying something bad of the one not chosen... hows that for an answer?

DaveO

New User
DaveO
East Wake Hardwoods is a great bet. Also don't forget the Klingspor Woodworking store in Raleigh. They often have a nice selection of exotics, especially in shorts that would be perfect for your needs. Give them a call to see what they have one hand (919) 876-0707
And there also is the WC in Raleigh, but they think very highly of their lumber stock, and most of it is S4S already.

Dave:)

James Davis

New User
James Davis
Does Capitol City Lumber still sell hardwoods? I used to pick up small amounts in there from time to time.

James

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Yes, but due to their pricing and poor stock rotation that would be the last place I would look.

Dave:)

tjgreen

New User
Tim
Dunno if it's an advantage or not, but Woodworker's Supply is on the way home from Gibsonville, if you're coming back on 85/40. If you're into cigars, so is JR's. Always nice to have stuff to do on a road trip.

Of course, if I had a week off and some time to kill, I believe I'd find a reason to visit both of them. And maybe drive out to Asheville Hardware just for kicks, that place is awesome.

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
If you're really needing to kill some time go up to Asheville and head north a few exits to Weaverville. Cormark is one of the biggest and best suppliers of exotic woods I know about. If they ain't got it, you can get along without it.
http://www.cormarkint.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors