Where can I find 3/4" pipe clamps w/slip clutch on both ends?

Status
Not open for further replies.

steviegwood

New User
Steven
Hi Folks, I have been looking but can not find anyone that makes these anymore. I am looking for 3/4" pipe clamps with the slip clutch on both pieces so that you can slide both ends anywhere on the pipe. The ones that I have are made by PowerPress and are black and yellow in color. I have seen some older photos of black and red ones that I think were Craftsman. I know that Irwin has the ones with the clutches to where you do not need threads but you still have the screw end at the end of the pipe. The ones that I have slide all the way through and those are what I am looking for. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You. Steve

Mark Gottesman

New User
Mark
Re: the powerpress clamps. You might get luck and find some on Fleabay. However, they seem to bring $30+ for each clamp.

Maybe you could take the Irwin and drill a suitable hole in the closed end and make your own. You would have to rework the handle to clear the pipe, but that would be minimal.

What is it about them that makes them preferable to a pipe clamp?

steviegwood

New User
Steven
Re: the powerpress clamps. You might get luck and find some on Fleabay. However, they seem to bring $30+ for each clamp.

Maybe you could take the Irwin and drill a suitable hole in the closed end and make your own. You would have to rework the handle to clear the pipe, but that would be minimal.

What is it about them that makes them preferable to a pipe clamp?
You can put both in the middle of the pipe for small glue ups without all of the excess pipe hanging out one end. I think that the Irwin Clamps would break if you drill that much out of them. I guess it is an excuse to buy more various lengths of pipe. I need some different clamps also to go with what I already have. Never to many clamps. Steve

Charles Lent

Charley
Corporate Member
I have several lengths of 3/4" threaded pipe and switch my standard Pony Clamps to different sizes depending on my need. I also have threaded couplings so I can attach several pipes together when I need a really long clamp.

In my 55+ years of woodworking I have never seen a clamp like you are describing.

Charley

steviegwood

New User
Steven
I have several lengths of 3/4" threaded pipe and switch my standard Pony Clamps to different sizes depending on my need. I also have threaded couplings so I can attach several pipes together when I need a really long clamp.

In my 55+ years of woodworking I have never seen a clamp like you are describing.

Charley

They are the Quick Grip Power Press clamps model 59013 made by Irwin and discontinued as far as I can find. A quick google search will bring them right up. I do not have any photos handy. Craftsman also made the same type clamp and discontinued them. They were bit more expensive but worth it to me as the handiness was nice. Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS