When they said this saw does everything...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharp Blade

New User
Anna-Catherine
I didn't believe them until this morning. My sister is preparing our Thanksgiving dinner. She needed to cut some rock hard frnch bread...sooooo...out came the Japanese everything saw. LOL It's a cheapo Bear Saw, but this thing really cuts like a dream. Then she tells me we had to cut the bread slices into fours...awesome...just the tool for that too...see photo in Power Tools!

Dozuki_in_the_Kitchen.jpg

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
That's too funny. :rotflm:

I thought about breaking out the sawzall and one of those fire and rescue blades to carve the turkey later. :eusa_thin Ah, nothing says happy Thanksgiving like power tools, carving the turkey and going right on through the counter top. :rolleyes:

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
That cracked me up! :rolf:

Guard your hand planes before they become cheese slicers!!!!

"But honey, we need 4 thousandths of an inch slices of cheddar......"

Jim

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
After using one the better part of yesterday, I bought a Ridgid Fuego reciprocating saw ($69 @ HD). One handed operation with a headlight on it. It looks like an electric kitchen knife on steroids. I thought the same thing about carving our turkey.

nelsone

New User
Ed
I have the same saw that has been relegated to cutting dog treats/bones! Excellent tool for that sort of stuff too!

Mark Stewart

New User
Mark
That's too funny. :rotflm:

I thought about breaking out the sawzall and one of those fire and rescue blades to carve the turkey later. :eusa_thin Ah, nothing says happy Thanksgiving like power tools, carving the turkey and going right on through the counter top. :rolleyes:

You know Trent My wife still brings up the story of when she left me to cook the turkey and I fell asleep. Could not cut it with a hack saw (bit dry):gar-La;
Thanks Mark

Dragon

New User
David
:rotflm:Had similar thoughts this afternoon at my eldest daughter's while I was carving the ham. (Should've brought my Kabar for this gig.) Never underestimate the ingenuity of a woodworker with tools. We'll make any excuse to break out the toys and play.:banana:

AAAndrew

New User
Andrew
Hey, that's just being a true tool user. There's a long tradition of this. Microplanes originally developed as a workshop tool until someone realized they work better than anything else for grating cheese, chocolate, ginger, etc... Microplane then began to open up a whole new market for themselves.

I have a small one in the kitchen for such tasks, but I don't have one yet for the workshop. Hmmm.

I use my tools every year to carve our pumpkin. I use a drywall saw to open it up, and chisels to carve it. I just have to make sure and very carefully wash and oil them afterward.

But I suspect if you had brought down your big ol' 24" Disston the reaction would have been a bit different. :)

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
I have a buddy who won't dress a deer without his battery powered saws-all, seriously. He forgot it at home once and drove 30 mins one way to get it. By the time he got back I already had the deer hacked up and in coolers... :gar-Bi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors