• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
One of the categories is "plain salad fixings". I have been assuming that this implies that the plain salad (lettuce) is already provided. I just want to make sure I am interpreting this correctly.

Jeremy

Actually this was meant to be understood as any leafy vegetable salad as opposed to potato, bean, cranberry, carrot, crab-meat, shrimp, etc.
With so many different types of lettuce (Romaine, Iceberg, Spinach to name a few) we'd expect those to be brought by members as well.

As for me, I'll be bringing a 3 bean salad.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
I wasn't sure what category to put this in but we're bringing a vegetable tray and dip. Celery, carrots, brocoli, and that sort of thing. Something folks can munch on before the serving line opens.

- Ken.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
We will be providing pork barbecue, chicken barbecue, hamburgers, hot dogs (maybe a few brats & some 'basa, too), and all the plates, forks, condiments, cups, ice, tea, and bread.

Aside from the poll results shown at the top of the thread for chips, drinks, & such, we have members committed to bringing the following:
I listed the desserts first 'cause they are the most important.:)

Cheesecake Squares
Banana Pudding
Coconut Pie
Coleslaw
Potato Salad
German Potato Salad
Macaroni & Cheese
Toss Salad & Fixings
Black Beans & Corn Salad
3 Bean Salad
Vegetable Tray & Dip

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
I believe Rob and Susan had to cancel out coming so we will bring the cheese cake squares. It is Susan's recipe.

Charles Lent

Charley
Corporate Member
I'm bringing a BIG ice chest full of soda, several popular flavors and both regular and diet, plus bottled water. My wife will be making something for the table too, but she hasn't decided what to make yet. I gave her a printout of this thread and told her to make "something different". I have no idea what that will be, but I promise that it will be good.

Charley

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
Planning on a plain leafy vegetable salad with Italian and Ranch dressings available, and a mixed fruit salad, as well as a huge appetite. See ya there!

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
Sorry I wasn't able to taste all the food there, but I tried......
Thanks to all who were able to be there, as well as to those who cancelled because of possibility of transmitting illness to the group.
Also, thanks to all the helpful volunteers that made the day enjoyable for all.
As there are other Threads open to post comments about yesterday's events, this one will now be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors