what a difference a blade makes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member
Had to say it. LOML and I picked up some cedar CSkipper expressed from Newtowood for us. Sheever so kindly gave us some scrollblades while we were there. WOW! imagine the difference you see when putting in a fresh blade after a dull one. Now imagine about 4 times the difference. The 'cheap' one wasn't dull.
Okay. No more 'cheap' blades.
(I'm gonna live hard on this one - I didn't know!)
Cathy, Robin says thank you ever so much!!
She's enjoying srolling more than ever.
tip of the day - chunk the cheap blades and buy GOOD blades

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Had to say it. LOML and I picked up some cedar CSkipper expressed from Newtowood for us. Sheever so kindly gave us some scrollblades while we were there. WOW! imagine the difference you see when putting in a fresh blade after a dull one. Now imagine about 4 times the difference. The 'cheap' one wasn't dull.
Okay. No more 'cheap' blades.
(I'm gonna live hard on this one - I didn't know!)
Cathy, Robin says thank you ever so much!!
She's enjoying srolling more than ever.
tip of the day - chunk the cheap blades and buy GOOD blades

I can't wait to see a pic of what you are scrolling. :gar-Bi:wsmile:

Mark Stewart

New User
Mark
I will agree with you blades make all the difference in the world. I mostly use #2 and 2/0 sprial blade to do most of my work. I have gotten use to flying dutchman blades and I dont like to use any thing else these days.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Andrew, some folks like Ford and some Chevy. Both get the job done (most days). I have tried a number of different blade companies. Some not so cheap and I am sold on FD blades. I use both their flat and spiral blades.

sawduster

New User
Robert
Truer words were never spoken :eusa_danc
blades can make the difference between :BangHead: and :qgreenjum

I am also loyal to FD blades and highly recommend them :icon_thum

cskipper

Cathy
The blades I gave them were from PS Wood. They are very good and do not drift either. I use both those and FD.

Tell Robin she is welcome!

Don Sorensen

New User
Butch
Re: what a difference the right blade makes!

With all my free time lately, I've edumacated myself a little on using the right blade for the right job.

Most of my work has been on thin stock, but I've also worked on thicker stock. I've spent a lot of time on the harder woods - walnut, purple heart, bubinga, and my all time (sarcasm) favorite (/sarcasm) Bloodwood.

Most recent project is from 5/8 thick bloodwood - started off by burning up lots of #5 CT blades.

Finally I switched to #7 skip tooths and boy! what a difference - I could cut through the wood at a decent speed, it left a nice smooth edge, and it quit smoking so much! Imagine that.

I also found, due to that peculiar back and forth motion of the blade that my saw has, I could put the blade in upside down and it's even more fun to use.

This is all done with Olsen blades - what I have laying around. I'll be ordering some FDs when I can as I hear all these good things about them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS