Welcome Sign WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
I normally don't post my WIP but this is the first cutting off my new Hawk. I have had this pattern for a while (it was purchased) but at 36" it was to long for my Dewalt to handle nicely.

The wood is 3/4 western cedar. I am tempted to just apply BLO followed by a couple coats of satin poly. It will be outside over a front door but protected from most of the weather by an overhang. I would appreciate any finishing recommendations.

Here is the full sign:
sign_WIP.jpg

Here is a close up view:
close_up_WIP.jpg

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Scott that is a nicely done sign project. I would finish it with outside safe finish like spar urethane or something equal.

Hook

New User
Gregory
You know that circular ripple effect that's created in water when something lands in it, like a small stone or a bug or something like that? Take another look at that grain pattern and tell me that isn't a ripple from something landing in the water. Very nice work!!

sawduster

New User
Robert
Man that is sweeeeet :icon_thum :icon_thum :icon_thum

so how does the Hawk compare to the De-Wally ?

J

jeff...

That's slick and by welcoming all those ducks it's bound to get even slicker around your place

PChristy

New User
Phillip
Great job Scott:icon_thum I made a welcome sign for a lady that lives and Maine with a moose and I let it soak in Tung oil - I heard that it will protect it well - I haven't heard anything from her so I guess it is doing ok

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
That looks great Scott! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap I really like the wood that cut of wood and the design is great! :icon_thum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS