We are back - Sort of.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
We are back - Sort of.....

This has been the weekend from hell. If it could go wrong, it did!

So we have decided to open the site back up, even though we are not finished. 2 of 4 main objectives have been met. The system is updated to version 3.6 and the internal changes that I wanted to make have been done. What is not done is the new Photo Galleries and the new Links & Downloads library.

The Photo Galleries are probably a couple days away, but your pictures are safe and any links to them are being serviced. I'll provide more info after a good night's sleep:eusa_danc

The links & download library, I'm not really sure, but should not be too much more. And again, your links and downloads are here and safe:icon_thum

As you look around and and use the site you will see that some of the smaller add-ons are not yet back, but they will be, or at least most will. You will also see problem, bugs, and things that are new or changed.

PLEASE DO NOT EMAIL OR PM ME OR THE REST OF THE STAFF ABOUT issues. If you do, they will be ignored. Please use the Problems or the How do I, forums to post the issues. All admin and Mods should monitor these forums very closely.

If you are having Registration, Activation, or Login Problems, please use the Contact Us link at the bottom of every page.

With a little bit of patience on everyone's part, everything will back to normal in a few days. Well......, as normal as it gets around here:eek:

M

McRabbet

Steve,

Sorry to hear that you had a tough time with the upgrade, but everyone will appreciate all of the effort you've expended to make the "Best" even "Better"! Let me know when I need to step forward to help with the Links and Download Manager upgrade (sadly, I'm away from home most of tomorrow).

Rob

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Steve,

Sorry to hear that you had a tough time with the upgrade, but everyone will appreciate all of the effort you've expended to make the "Best" even "Better"! Let me know when I need to step forward to help with the Links and Download Manager upgrade (sadly, I'm away from home most of tomorrow).

Rob
L & D is actually running. The only thing that needs to be done is to import the old data. Of course, that's where the the problems with the photo Galleries started:neener:

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Thanks Steve, my twitching is subsiding and irritability levels are returning to normal :eek: I appreciate all the work that you (and others) have done over the long weekend.

Dave:)

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
It certainly is good to be back online again. It was an interesting weekend and I manged to learn a lot from Steve. For those interested I have uploaded Flash Chat and will have it show up on the right hand menu as soon as I can locate and upload the appropriate module.

Welcome back everyone.

D L

Edit: Flash Chat is fully operational now. Members may access the chat room by clicking on the "Open Flash Chat" link in right hand menu the screen.

Last edited:
R

rickc

Thanks again for the hard work you and everyone else has put into this site. It is really appreciated. Especially by anyone who has gone through something like a site upgrade! Take a break and come to the meeting tomorrow night. Join us for the meal, and a cold one!

Terry

New User
Terrence P. Rielly
Thanks Steve for all the pain :crybaby2: you went through this weekend and beyond. We are gratefule for all the time you spend to make this a top web site. Although it was a tough weekend without the site for me, I am glad to see it in a partial content and back on the air. Thanks Again Steve for giving 100%. I appreciate you! Terry:eusa_clap :eusa_danc :icon_thum

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Thanks so much, Steve et' all!!!!

I have to confess that I was going through withdrawal!!!

No inspiring new projects, no new news, no new tools to drool over... for three whole days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:( :( :( :(

So happy that the site is back up and thank all of you guys soooooooooo much for all of your hard work!!!!!

Wayne

novice99

New User
Mike
Thanks so much Steve and all of the now bald individuals who spent the weekend pulling their hair out over computers. Given how great this site is under the old system, I can hardly imagine what the updates will bring. I must confess that I checked my bookmark at least 10 times each day that the site was down. I'm smiling now and very thankful for all of the hard work that goes into making this site such a treat!

PeteM

Pete
Corporate Member
You might not be done but what you have accomplished so far has made a big difference :eusa_dancResponse is much quicker.

Thanks (to all of you) for all your efforts!

pete

NZAPP1

New User
Nick
Steve
I would like to give you a big THANKS for all of your time and hard work you put into this site. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :icon_thum

barretr

New User
Barret Roebuck
Steve, Thank you for all your work, having the site offline made me realize how much I enjoy it and use it each day. You have a great thing going here!
Barret Roebuck

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Thank you all for your Thanks.

But, with the new staff organization, there are 2 more to thank.

Monty and D L. Both worked very hard to get us this far. DL even went so far as to drive up to apex to help me. The other staff members would also have been working, except I was in the "critical path" and they didn't get their chance. But ALL were on standby, waiting for me to get my act together, which didn't happen.

So my thanks to all that helped and those who would have if the stars had aligned correctly:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

cpowell

New User
Chuck
Steve,

Your hard work is really appreciated! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

I admit I was going through withdrawals...BAD...for the last few days. :lol:

My heartfelt thanks for keeping the site together.

Chuck

Greybeard

New User
Pat
Steve,
Thanks to you and all of the other staff members who worked so hard to install the update for the site! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

I know thatit takes a tremendous amount of work and you guys took your personal time to make it happen.

Thanks for all you guys do to make this site the best woodworking site on the web!
Kudos to all involved!!! :):eusa_danc :eusa_danc

lwhughes149

New User
Lorraine
I for one have had major withdrawals as I know most everyone else had probably experienced. Thinks for the hard work and thanks for coming back up. Lorraine:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I was wondering where y'all have been. No input for Cathy is very unusual :lol: :lol:

Dave:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors