Washing Soda

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodnick

New User
Nick
Were in the Raleigh/Durham area can I buy Washing Soda (aka. sodium carbonate),or would I be better off going to a pool supply store and getting pool neutralizer?

sawman

New User
Albert
Nick,
I guess you plan to age some pine with the soda? If so, tinker/adjust the percentage of soda ( I liked 20%) to age the wood. It really works, sorry no photo.

Later,
Albert :saw:

Sully

New User
jay
Or he might be doing reverse electrolysis on some old rusted tools. If that's the case, I've also just used regular baking soda and it's worked fine.

If you are derusting, another thing that works well is evaporust available at Autozone. That stuff is awesome and nontoxic to boot.

J

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
Electrolysis ? Wood aging ? Dude, think tie-dye
Sept05shoppics007.jpg

eezlock

New User
Jim Heffner
If you are using washing soda to de-rust (electrolysis) it can be difficult to find Arm & Hammer washing soda in the grocery store. I went over to the Family Dollar store one day, went to the cleaning products isle and found their SUN brand of dry washing bleach and found out it is exactly the compound as the Arm& Hammer brand. I bought some and tried it
on a de-rusting project....worked perfect and also a lot cheaper too!
I found about electrolysis at OWWM site, all the info. you need is there,
tried it and it works really well for getting off the rust with little or no hard work! eezlock

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
Electrolysis ? Wood aging ? Dude, think tie-dye
OK, everybody. Set your clocks back to 1972!:gar-La;
I found A & H washing soda at Harris - Teeter. Not all stores will carry it, though. It's a low volume/top shelf item.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS